Chris Tillman

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not surprised about Tillmans core injury. Players doing too much weight and core work. More injuries than ever now. This is big problem</p>— Ross Grimsley (@rgrimsley2) <a href="

">February 28, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://m.orioles.mlb.com/news/article/165675722/orioles-scratch-chris-tillman-from-outing

Showalter said he hopes that things will calm down over the next few days and a little rest will be all that Tillman needs.

Orioles pitcher Chris Tillman discusses the start of Spring Training and looking forward to the 2016 campaign ahead

"[Trainer] Richie [bancells] said he felt pretty good about it when he left last night. Said [Tillman] got up last night and felt it at home," Showalter said. "I think Richie was a little surprised it wasn't a lot better today."

It's too soon to know how much -- if at all -- the injury will affect Tillman, who is projected to be in the Orioles' starting rotation.

"I don't want to paint it as cautious and then, I don't know. There's a lot of unknown. Who knows where we go?" Showalter said. "Richie said if we get to the point where it didn't get better in a while -- I don't know what a while is -- we might do an MRI [exam] on it. See if there's something else there. But we're not there yet."

http://m.orioles.mlb.com/news/article/165675722/orioles-scratch-chris-tillman-from-outing

Showalter said he hopes that things will calm down over the next few days and a little rest will be all that Tillman needs.

Orioles pitcher Chris Tillman discusses the start of Spring Training and looking forward to the 2016 campaign ahead

"[Trainer] Richie [bancells] said he felt pretty good about it when he left last night. Said [Tillman] got up last night and felt it at home," Showalter said. "I think Richie was a little surprised it wasn't a lot better today."

It's too soon to know how much -- if at all -- the injury will affect Tillman, who is projected to be in the Orioles' starting rotation.

"I don't want to paint it as cautious and then, I don't know. There's a lot of unknown. Who knows where we go?" Showalter said. "Richie said if we get to the point where it didn't get better in a while -- I don't know what a while is -- we might do an MRI [exam] on it. See if there's something else there. But we're not there yet."

To Philly he will go.:) Or not.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not surprised about Tillmans core injury. Players doing too much weight and core work. More injuries than ever now. This is big problem</p>? Ross Grimsley (@rgrimsley2) <a href="
">February 28, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think it might have more to do with the lower muscle to hair ratio of today's players:

grimsley.jpg

Archived