D.J. Stewart 2016

Frobby

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
.121 through 10 games at Delmarva...are we looking at another first round gaffe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This pick was a head-scratcher for a few reasons IMO but he is def better than .120. My guess is the revised batting stance is part of the issue.

I'm very surprised he continues to struggle so much. I watched some of his college games and he looked like a dominant offensive player; power to all fields and outstanding plate discipline. And from what I saw he wasn't padding his stats against mediocre college pitchers; he looked great against guys with good stuff too. I wouldn't have been surprised to see him struggle defensively, or eventually hit some hard times against pitchers in the higher minor league levels. But someone with his track record at the highest level of college baseball shouldn't be overmatched in short season A and low A. At this point I'm almost hoping he has some type of injury that could explain his awful production.

Last time I checked his plate discipline numbers were good so far this year. Plus, he's made a rather drastic change to the stance that worked in college. I'll attribute the struggles to that but I certainly hope we signs of adaptation as the season rolls along.

That stance isnt going to work in the pros, so I dont know why he's using it...or why the Orioles drafted him.

That stance isnt going to work in the pros, so I dont know why he's using it...or why the Orioles drafted him.

You can't ever criticize picks until they fail, then it's okay:)

I remember criticizing Hobgood and people saying I wasn't a fan, lol. Oh message boards....

Agreed on stance, they know they had to change it and now look. My friend who is a scout wondered if he could stick in the OF with a weaker arm too. So now the question, does he have enough power to play 1b? We have enough of those types already...I didn't get the pick then, don't get it now. But I do hope he breaks out and proves is both wrong. Go O's.

Archived