Chaz Roe, Zach Phillips assigned to Norfolk. Clear Waivers

Crazysilver03

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read that. Not that he is amazing but he pitched well and will get claimed.

I have been very critical of DD's manipulation on the 40-man this offseason and this just adds one more puzzling move to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read that. Not that he is amazing but he pitched well and will get claimed.

I have been very critical of DD's manipulation on the 40-man this offseason and this just adds one more puzzling move to me.

Would you have kept 13 pitchers? If not, who would you have bumped from the staff to keep Roe?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pitcher Chaz Roe is going through waivers after being assigned to Triple-A ball by the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a>.</p>— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) <a href="

">April 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wilson could have been optioned until he was needed to start. But this move was inevitable with everyone healthy in the bullpen.

That was surprising to me. I would have kept Wilson as 4th starter and put Wright in AAA until a spot start was needed. But whatever...

61d8ee8f6a2f3a7144d12772c735363a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Roe is out of options. He has a 700k contract. That may keep teams from claiming him. O's want to get him at AAA so they can bring him up when they need him. He will be paid 700k whether he is in the minors or the majors. The O's did this with Reimold last year. Let's see if he clears.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Roe was on the roster bubble. Has plenty of talent & showed last year he could pitch in MLB. Someone will grab him <a href="https://t.co/HZ71cbkQgy">https://t.co/HZ71cbkQgy</a></p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnolly2016) <a href="

">April 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks.

Roe is out of options. He has a 700k contract. That may keep teams from claiming him. O's want to get him at AAA so they can bring him up when they need him. He will be paid 700k whether he is in the minors or the majors. The O's did this with Reimold last year. Let's see if he clears.

Dan doesn't think he will; I doubt he will either. I hope you are right though.

Thanks.

700k Isn't a lot for a team in need of bullpen help. Cleveland and Anaheim come to min .

Archived