Orioles have acquire LHP Jayson Aquino from the Cardinals in exchange for cash considerations

xian4

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Orioles have acquired LHP Jayson Aquino from the Cardinals in exchange for cash considerations. Aquino has been optioned to AA-Bowie.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">April 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Orioles have acquired LHP Jayson Aquino from the Cardinals in exchange for cash considerations. Aquino has been optioned to AA-Bowie.</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">April 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like an interesting acquisition. Good WHIP, decent K and BB/9 numbers in several levels of the minors.

Jasyon's MiL Stats

A minor leaguer who succeeds without striking people out. Cool, I guess.

7 SO/9 IP is nothing to really sneeze at...

He really has bounced around a ton... and hasnt progressed above A (outside of 12 innings in AA).

I'm digging this move a lot. I wonder if Aquino would immediately make the top 30 prospects list? AA at age 22-23?

If the Cardinals let go of anybody it should be looked at. They've had tremendous pitching depth for a decade.

He's been with 6 orgs in the past 2 seasons.

Archived