Win Series 2016 Edition

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Last year, the Orioles went 0-7 against the Twins.

And the 4-game sweep that they hit the Orioles with in late August, right when they were gaining some momentum for a possible playoff push (it sent the Orioles' record went from 62-57 to 62-61) really knocked the Orioles on their asses, from which they never really recovered.

So, starting the season at 3-0 against that team feels really good (not to mention a big relief, as well.)

Does it count as a sweep? But we definitely won the series.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I believe that we have to wait for the postponed game to be played (and to see if the Orioles win it) for it to be an official sweep.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I believe that we have to wait for the postponed game to be played (and to see if the Orioles win it) for it to be an official sweep.

Now if the game is made up as part of another series and that particular make up date is the only loss would that be considered a sweep then??

I liked this way of looking at it in another thread:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/152517-Based-on-what-you-ve-seen/page3?p=4021447#post4021447

I take these games as part of the 18 series that we need to win.

There are 162 games in a season. You divide that by 9 and you get the 18 Series that I speak of.

The goal should be to win these 18, nine game series. If they go 5 wins and 4 losses in each nine game span they would have a total of 90 wins. Currently they need just one more win in the next 5 games to have Won the first series. Once they win the fifth game , you start the next series and this puts the team in a spot to win over 90 Games.

After they play 3 of these nine game series(27 Games), we as fans will have a better picture of who this team is.

The entire concept of baseball is divisible/multiples of nine.

So we're ahead of schedule (I guess that's obvious, though, as we are undefeated).

I liked this way of looking at it in another thread:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/152517-Based-on-what-you-ve-seen/page3?p=4021447#post4021447

So we're ahead of schedule (I guess that's obvious, though, as we are undefeated).

We may lose a game sometime. If we go 8-12 over the next 20, we'll still be on pace for 90 wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived