Ubaldo Jimenez Today, 2016

OFFNY

o

1 earned run over 7 innings.

21 OUTS: 9 Strikeouts, 6 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Flyouts, 1 Popout, 1 Lineout, 1 Thrown Out Stealing

UBALDO JIMENEZ GARCIA )[vs. TWINS, 4/07]

IP:. 7

H:;; 8 ll(1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 5 Singles)

R:l) 2

ER:)1

BB: 0

SO: 9

Pitches: 106 (75 Strikes, 31 Balls)

2016 ERA: 1.29

PITCHES BY INNING

21 (15 Strikes, 6 Balls)

15 (11 Strikes, 4 Balls)

18 (10 Strikes, 8 Balls)

15 (12 Strikes, 3 Balls)

81 (61 Strikes, 2 Balls)

13 (10 Strikes, 3 Balls)

16 (11 Strikes, 5 Balls)

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ubaldo hasn't had a lot of success against the Red Sox or in Fenway. Per Roch:

Jimenez is 2-4 with a 7.26 ERA and 1.781 WHIP in 11 career starts against them. At Fenway Park, he’s 1-2 with a 5.90 ERA and 1.793 WHIP in six starts, with 19 runs and 31 hits allowed in 29 innings. He’s walked 21 batters.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/04/this-that-and-the-other-113.html

Hoping tonight's the exception.

Was his velocity up tonight on the MASN gun? I was at the game and he was hitting 93 and 94 mph. I haven't seen that from Ubaldo in an Orioles uniform. The gun didn't seem fast for other pitchers. It was a very cold night so I'd be impressed if that was the case. That's the only optimistic takeaway I have from that outing.

Was his velocity up tonight on the MASN gun? I was at the game and he was hitting 93 and 94 mph. I haven't seen that from Ubaldo in an Orioles uniform. The gun didn't seem fast for other pitchers. It was a very cold night so I'd be impressed if that was the case. That's the only optimistic takeaway I have from that outing.

Sounds like their gun was fast.

Everything I saw was between 88-92.

I am actually surprised that Buck let him go back out there after we tied the game. He had already through a ton of pitches and clearly didn't have it.

I was surprise that JJ and Machado did not make those plays that inning.

I was surprise that JJ and Machado did not make those plays that inning.

I was surprised the one got by Manny as it looked like a ball he gets to. But the team just did not get t done. Consider the Trumbo, Davis, and Kim each made 400+ feet outs that could have put multiple runs up.

I really don't get why no one was pulling the ball and it's not like Kelly was all that good.

End of day Ulbaldo is who he is and games like this drive you crazy. The walks are just unacceptable and most of the outs he got were on the ground or strike outs. Perhaps the warmer weather will help with the consistentcy

I was surprised the one got by Manny as it looked like a ball he gets to. But the team just did not get t done. Consider the Trumbo, Davis, and Kim each made 400+ feet outs that could have put multiple runs up.

I really don't get why no one was pulling the ball and it's not like Kelly was all that good.

End of day Ulbaldo is who he is and games like this drive you crazy. The walks are just unacceptable and most of the outs he got were on the ground or strike outs. Perhaps the warmer weather will help with the consistentcy

Kelly does bring velocity to the party.

Archived