vs. RANGERS, 4/14

Sessh

Baltimore Orioles (7-1, 1st +2.5) @ Texas Rangers (5-5, 2nd -0.5)

Streak / L10

BAL: N/A

TEX: N/A

Game 1 (8:10)

(QS=0)Chris Tillman (1-0) 1.29 (0.86/.174), 10/2 (1HR)

vs.

(QS=2)Cole Hamels (2-0) 2.08 (1.08/.186), 12/6 (2HR)

Chris Tillman: So far, Tillman has 10K's in eight innings and only one run allowed. It's nice to see Tillman getting off to such a great start and like his opponent Hamels, he is undefeated at Texas stadium named after an insurance company at a perfect 3-0 in four starts with solid numbers, but four home runs. Desmond, Beltre and Andrus all have over 10 AB's and have all hammered Tillman especially Beltre.

Splits & Sits

12 vs. left: .083/.083/.167

13 vs. right: .273/.385/.462, HR

Bases Empty: .235, HR

RISP: .000

RISP w/2 outs: .000

Men on w/2 outs: .000

Man on 3rd, < 2 outs: NA

Career @ Global Life Park (4 starts)

(3-0) 3.91 (1.22/.233), 4HR

Career vs. TEX (6 starts)

(3-1) 4.67 (1.41/.258), 5HR

vs. Batter

Ian Desmond (13 AB) .308, 2B

Elvis Andrus (13 AB) .385, 2B, RBI, 4BB

Adrian Beltre (12 AB) .500, 2 2B, HR, 3RBI

Mitch Moreland 2/7, 2RBI

Bryan Holaday 1/5

Prince Fielder 0/2, BB

Cole Hamels: Cole Hamels has gotten off to a fantastic start for the Rangers tossing two quality starts and allowing only three runs in 13 IP, but two home runs and both with the bases empty. Hamels is undefeated at the Texas stadium named after an insurance company and has pretty solid numbers there overall. In three starts against the Orioles, Hamels was decent, but was served two losses. Only Trumbo and Hardy have over 10 ABs and are both 4-for-12 with Hardy being most dangerous. In the first 15 pitches so far this year, Hamels has an OP slash of .429/.500/.1.125 which, suffice to say, means the Orioles should be looking to jump on Hamels in the first inning. Both of his home runs allowed came in the first 15 pitches of the game. After that, the numbers are dominant.

Splits & Sits

17 vs. left: .176/.176/.529, 2HR

33 vs. right: .192/.364/.152

Bases Empty: .240, 2HR

RISP: .000

RISP w/2 outs: .000

Men on w/2 outs: .000

Man on 3rd < 2 outs: .000

Career @ Global Life Park (9 starts)

(6-0) 3.70 (1.07/.213), 10HR

Career vs Baltimore (3 starts)

(1-2) 4.29 (1.29/.260), (2HR)

vs. Batter

J.J. Hardy (12 AB) .333, 2 2B, HR, 4RBI

Mark Trumbo (12 AB) .333, S-HR

Pedro Alvarez 1/7, 2B, RBI

Adam Jones 2/6, RBI

Matt Wieters 1/6

Nolan Reimold 1/4

Jonathan Schoop 0/3, 3K

Caleb Joseph 0/3

Chris Davis 0/2, RBI, BB

Manny Machado 0/2, 2BB

Tyler Wilson looked fantastic in relief of Jimenez for three innings tonight allowing only two hits with two strikeouts. Kim also had his best night at the plate since coming here with some very good at-bats leading to two walks and drove a ball to deep center in his last AB, but is still a stranger to high 90's heat. Unfortunately, the Orioles are handed their first loss and it's easy to see why we couldn't pull this one out. We made some baserunning errors and were given 12 baserunners in the first five innings and could only score two of them. This is the same issue we had last season and it reared it's ugly head again here. The Boston bullpen came in and threw four shutout innings allowing only two hits with four strikeouts. A lack of execution with RISP killed the Orioles tonight.

So, looking ahead to the Texas series now. We have two pitchers going here who have not lost a game at Insurance Company Stadium and have looked good early on this year. The Rangers have quite a populated DL here with Josh Hamilton (knee), Shin-Soo Choo (calf), Yu Darvish (elbow), Tanner Scheppers (knee), Robinson Chirinos (forearm) and Chris Gimenez (leg infection) all on the list. We will now get to see how the Orioles bounce back from a tough loss and if they perform better here with RISP.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get to watch the game tonight. Took off work to go to the doc for my back. GO O'S!!!

Look for us behind the plate and slightly to the 1B side. I'll be wearing the away hat and my brother is wearing his all black Ripken jersey.

We're looking forward to some of the ballpark food, maybe the "Death Dog". I have life insurance so....

You bastard.

Now I'll start a whole series of watching games as a state resident again pulling against the home team. The difference is I actually line the Rangers and their organization. I lost all respect for Meddling Moreno and the Angels.

We'll see how Texans react to seeing the Orioles represented.

Look for us behind the plate and slightly to the 1B side. I'll be wearing the away hat and my brother is wearing his all black Ripken jersey.

We're looking forward to some of the ballpark food, maybe the "Death Dog". I have life insurance so....

They have any good food in Texas? :D

They have any good food in Texas? :D

Oh, man, lemme tell ya. The first month after we moved all I ate was BBQ. Most people would get sick of it, but it's sooooo good here I have it at least once a week. And then sometimes I do my own sloooow cooked chicken. Mmm....:cool:

Archived