Zachary davies

bpilktree

He made his first start of the season and it was not pretty. I watched the game and his stuff looked very poor. His stuff is not great so I see why his prospect status is low though he had good numbers in minors. He still may make it but he will have o have pin point control.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He made his first start of the season and it was not pretty. I watched the game and his stuff looked very poor. His stuff is not great so I see why his prospect status is low though he had good numbers in minors. He still may make it but he will have o have pin point control.

Thanks for the update.

I was wondering why it was only his first start of the season, and I saw that he started the year at AAA-Colorado Springs.

It will be interesting to see how he does as the season progresses.

Prior to missed play in CF, Davies was fortunate to not have more runs scored. McCutchen was caught stealing in the first before a a walk and a single. He issued three walks and didn't get many swings and misses.

It's only one start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Potential back-end guy that will take his share of lumps. That's nothing to sneeze at from a value standpoint -- cheap arm is a cheap arm.

• 3 weeks later...

o

Davies has a 5.75 ERA and a 1.556 WHIP after 7 starts so far this season.

I'd like to see at least 7 or 8 more starts to see if he can show some signs of recovering from his rough start to the season.

o

I'd like to see at least 7 or 8 more starts to see if he can show some signs of recovering from his rough start to the season.

In four starts in May he's 2-2, with a 3.97 ERA, batters are slashing .220/.286/.439/.725 with a 15/8 K/BB ratio in 22.2 innings. That's not bad for his rookie year.

In four starts in May he's 2-2, with a 3.97 ERA, batters are slashing .220/.286/.439/.725 with a 15/8 K/BB ratio in 22.2 innings. That's not bad for his rookie year.

He's performed as you said he would.

• 2 weeks later...

(vs. CARDINALS, 6/01)

8 shutout innings on 105 Pitches (73 Strikes, 32 Balls.)

3 Hits (all singles.)

0 Walks, 9 Strikeouts.

ERA for the season is down to 4.53

o

That's not bad for his last 4 starts (when that post was made.)

For his rookie year overall, he was very bad early on and has rebounded nicely since, especially with the 8 shutout innings that he threw today against the Cardinals.

Archived