vs. ROYALS, 4/22

Sessh

Baltimore Orioles (10-4, 1st +3.5) @ Kansas City Royals (10-5, 1st +0.5)

Streak / L10

BAL: +2, Won 2 of 3 / L10: 6-4

KCR: +1, Won 2 of 3 / L10: 6-4

Game 1 (8:15)

(QS=0)Yovani Gallardo (1-0) 5.63 (1.50/.295), 9/6

vs.

(QS=0)Chris Young (0-3) 7.90 (1.98/.333), 10/7, (3HR)

Yovani Gallardo: Gallardo has given up nine runs on 16 hits and three walks over the last two starts totaling 11 IP which just happen to be both of his away starts. Gallardo always seems to be on the edge of giving up a big inning and doesn't really ever seem to be in control of games early on this year. To me, it always feels like he's on thin ice when he's out there. Granted, he shouldn't have gone out for the seventh in Texas, but his input surely contributed to him going back out there and I have to assume Gallardo said he had more left when he didn't. It could have been a QS, but wasn't. Also, he has recorded 35 outs VIA fly balls vs 21 ground balls, so he's obviously not the GB pitcher he thinks he is. He has never pitched at Kauffman Stadium, but has done very well in two career starts against the Royals.

Splits & Sits

33 vs. left: .310/.364/.333

38 vs. right: .281/.324/.342

Bases Empty: .290

RISP: .231

RISP w/2 outs: .000

Men on w/2 outs: .083

Man on 3rd, < 2 outs: .500

2016 Away (2 starts)

(0-0) 7.36 (1.73/.348), 19 baserunners & 9 runs in 11 IP

Career @ Kauffman Stadium (0 starts)

First time!

Career vs. KC (2 starts)

(1-0) 1.93 (1.00/.224)

vs. Batter

Omar Infante (12 AB) .083

Drew Butera 2/8

Alex Gordon 0/4, 2BB

Lorenzo Cain 1/3

Alcides Escobar 1/3

Eric Hosmer 1/3

Kendrys Morales 1/3, 2B, RBI

Mike Moustakas 1/3

Salvador Perez 1/3, 2B, RBI

Paulo Orlando 0/2

Chris Young: Young has taken the loss in all three starts so far this season and has not pitched past the fifth inning and has only gotten through five once. So far this year, he is KC's Jimenez in the sense that it took him 93 pitches to go five innings, 101 pitches to go 4.2 innings and 89 to go four innings in his last start. He has allowed 10 runs and 21 baserunners in his last two starts totaling 8.2 IP and has allowed one home run in each start. The Orioles could have some fun with Young here, but he has pitched well against the Orioles in five appearances and has done well at Kauffman stadium for his career. His last two starts were on the road and the first, a five inning two run performance with three hits and three walks allowed came at home.

Splits & Sits

35 vs. left: .355/.429/.657, 3HR

33 vs. right: .310/.364/.303

Bases Empty: .355

RISP: .417

Men on w/2 outs: .091

Man on 3rd < 2 outs: 1.000

Career @ Kauffman Stadium (12 starts, 5 relief)

(6-5) 3.30 (1.11/.218), 10HR

Career vs Baltimore (4 starts, 1 relief)

(2-1) 3.52 (1.26/.226), 2HR

vs. Batter

J.J. Hardy 0/9, 3K

Adam Jones 0/4

Manny Machado 0/3, BB, 2K

Chris Davis 1/3, RBI, BB

Ryan Flaherty 0/3

Nolan Reimold 0/1

Well, it wasn't pretty (or convincing IMO), but the Orioles squeak out the series win against Toronto despite not being very good offensively. Toronto isn't firing on all cylinders (or even half) so it's good to get this series win under our belts heading into KC. The Royals also have 10 wins, are 6-4 over the last 10 and have won two of three. Chris Young pitches well both at Kauffman stadium and against the Orioles for his career while Gallardo also pitches well against KC, but has never pitched at Kauffman.

The Orioles still have not announced a Saturday starter, but Wright will pitch game three against Yordano Ventura and KC will send Medlen to the mound on Saturday. Chris Young is the weakest link for them IMO, so maybe we can take game one here and extend the winning streak to three.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Second time in a bit over a week that the Os play s night game and then travel 1000+ miles for a game the next evening.

We did not perform well in this situation last week.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Interesting point. Maybe something to track in order to see if its a trend.

Baltimore Orioles (10-4, 1st +3.5) @ Kansas City Royals (10-5, 1st +0.5)

Streak / L10

BAL: +2, Won 2 of 3 / L10: 6-4

KCR: +1, Won 2 of 3 / L10: 6-4

Game 1 (8:15)

(QS=0)Yovani Gallardo (1-0) 5.63 (1.50/.295), 9/6

vs.

(QS=0)Chris Young (0-3) 7.90 (1.98/.333), 10/7, (3HR)

Yovani Gallardo: Gallardo has given up nine runs on 16 hits and three walks over the last two starts totaling 11 IP which just happen to be both of his away starts. Gallardo always seems to be on the edge of giving up a big inning and doesn't really ever seem to be in control of games early on this year. To me, it always feels like he's on thin ice when he's out there. Granted, he shouldn't have gone out for the seventh in Texas, but his input surely contributed to him going back out there and I have to assume Gallardo said he had more left when he didn't. It could have been a QS, but wasn't. Also, he has recorded 35 outs VIA fly balls vs 21 ground balls, so he's obviously not the GB pitcher he thinks he is. He has never pitched at Kauffman Stadium, but has done very well in two career starts against the Royals.

Splits & Sits

33 vs. left: .310/.364/.333

38 vs. right: .281/.324/.342

Bases Empty: .290

RISP: .231

Men on w/2 outs: .083

Man on 3rd, < 2 outs: .500

2016 Away (2 starts)

(0-0) 7.36 (1.73/.348), 19 baserunners & 9 runs in 11 IP

Career @ Kauffman Stadium (0 starts)

First time!

Career vs. KC (2 starts)

(1-0) 1.93 (1.00/.224)

vs. Batter

Omar Infante (12 AB) .083

Drew Butera 2/8

Alex Gordon 0/4, 2BB

Lorenzo Cain 1/3

Alcides Escobar 1/3

Eric Hosmer 1/3

Kendrys Morales 1/3, 2B, RBI

Mike Moustakas 1/3

Salvador Perez 1/3, 2B, RBI

Paulo Orlando 0/2

Chris Young: Young has taken the loss in all three starts so far this season and has not pitched past the fifth inning and has only gotten through five once. So far this year, he is KC's Jimenez in the sense that it took him 93 pitches to go five innings, 101 pitches to go 4.2 innings and 89 to go four innings in his last start. He has allowed 10 runs and 21 baserunners in his last two starts totaling 8.2 IP and has allowed one home run in each start. The Orioles could have some fun with Young here, but he has pitched well against the Orioles in five appearances and has done well at Kauffman stadium for his career. His last two starts were on the road and the first, a five inning two run performance with three hits and three walks allowed came at home.

Splits & Sits

35 vs. left: .355/.429/.657, 3HR

33 vs. right: .310/.364/.303

Bases Empty: .355

RISP: .417

Men on w/2 outs: .091

Man on 3rd < 2 outs: 1.000

Career @ Kauffman Stadium (12 starts, 5 relief)

(6-5) 3.30 (1.11/.218), 10HR

Career vs Baltimore (4 starts, 1 relief)

(2-1) 3.52 (1.26/.226), 2HR

vs. Batter

J.J. Hardy 0/9, 3K

Adam Jones 0/4

Manny Machado 0/3, BB, 2K

Chris Davis 1/3, RBI, BB

Ryan Flaherty 0/3

Nolan Reimold 0/1

Well, it wasn't pretty (or convincing IMO), but the Orioles squeak out the series win against Toronto despite not being very good offensively. Toronto isn't firing on all cylinders (or even half) so it's good to get this series win under our belts heading into KC. The Royals also have 10 wins, are 6-4 over the last 10 and have won two of three. Chris Young pitches well both at Kauffman stadium and against the Orioles for his career while Gallardo also pitches well against KC, but has never pitched at Kauffman.

The Orioles still have not announced a Saturday starter, but Wright will pitch game three against Yordano Ventura and KC will send Medlen to the mound on Saturday. Chris Young is the weakest link for them IMO, so maybe we can take game one here and extend the winning streak to three.

BTW, these recaps you post are great. I hope people are sending you some rep over them. We've been posting links to these on our facebook page. Keep up the great work.

Looks like we may have a good matchup to start off the series in Chris Young. Let's hope he doesn't suddenly find it against us.

I heard that Manny was the only guy that had hit in every one of his team's games.

But I also heard that Hosmer had some kind of long (20+?) hitting streak going.

The only way both things can be true is if Hosmer sat out a game.

Just curious.

BTW, these recaps you post are great. I hope people are sending you some rep over them. We've been posting links to these on our facebook page. Keep up the great work.

Looks like we may have a good matchup to start off the series in Chris Young. Let's hope he doesn't suddenly find it against us.

Wow. I thought they were copied and pasted from somewhere.

Rep coming.

Wow really? Thanks, man. I appreciate it, rep or not. :)

I think it is a little of both and I like them. And have repped them.

Not copy/pasted at all. I get the stats from a combination of Yahoo sports and ESPN player pages. The records/streaks are from mlb.com. All analysis is written by me. I copy nothing. :)

Archived