Chance Sisco walked four times tonight on April 22nd

ChuckS

Pretty impressive. Future # 2 hitter?

He's hit at every level and it looks like he is going to stay at catcher. Only one passed ball and has 7 CS in 14 attempts through a dozen games in Bowie. Gotta be considered our best position prospect at this point.

I'll take Jomar Reyes and his power potential. I think I'd still have Mancini ahead of Sisco as well. Walks are nice but I'm not gettting too excited about Sisco until I see at least a little power. Right now, he's a young Steve Clevenger. However, the plate discipline is impressive and he's very young for AA so there is plenty of time to improve.

I like Reyes too, but I think he's still in the potential stage. You have to put some premium on Sisco at the catcher position where as Reyes likely ends up a 1B or maybe an OFer. Even if Sisco is only hitting five to ten homeruns a year, I think he would be well above average for a catcher if he's able to hit near .300 with a good OBP. I'm not 100 percent sure Mancini is a better prospect than Walker. I would like to see him hit at Triple A first considering Walker also put up gaudy numbers at Bowie and at a younger age.

I haven't watched Sisco play in person but based on his improvements over the last year it seems like he has more defensive upside than a Clevenger. I don't think Clevenger was hitting like Sisco at that age either.

Mancini put up better AA numbers than Walker last year. They both played AA during their age 23 seasons.

Ironically, last I checked Walker had 3 base-on-balls to 17 strikeouts. I love that he's transitioning to left field as to make his potential career in Baltimore relevant, but he's looking like AAA Mark Reynolds at the moment.

Sisco's offensive profile reminds me a lot of Jason Kendall, who had a career .288 .366 .378 .744 line. Kendall of course was pretty good defensively and could run a little bit.

I don't see any reason why Sisco cannot develop into an average or better defensive catcher. It seems like the tools are there. Look at what Caleb Joseph was able to do.

Sisco's offensive profile reminds me a lot of Jason Kendall, who had a career .288 .366 .378 .744 line. Kendall of course was pretty good defensively and could run a little bit.

I don't see any reason why Sisco cannot develop into an average or better defensive catcher. It seems like the tools are there. Look at what Caleb Joseph was able to do.

I was trying to remember Kendall's name. I think he's a great comp.

I'll take Jomar Reyes and his power potential. I think I'd still have Mancini ahead of Sisco as well. Walks are nice but I'm not gettting too excited about Sisco until I see at least a little power. Right now, he's a young Steve Clevenger. However, the plate discipline is impressive and he's very young for AA so there is plenty of time to improve.

If Steve Clevenger could catch he'd be a pretty darn good catcher. Same goes for Sisco. He doesn't need power, he already profiles to have a pretty good bat for a catcher. I'll get more excited him if we here more about his progression on defense.

If Steve Clevenger could catch he'd be a pretty darn good catcher. Same goes for Sisco. He doesn't need power, he already profiles to have a pretty good bat for a catcher. I'll get more excited him if we here more about his progression on defense.

Ironically enough we may have sold high on Clevenger after his .740 OPS last year. The thing to remember with Sisco is that he got his feet wet in AA last year with 84 PA's and had 61 PA's in the AFL. As of now he's got a career .756 OPS in AA with more BB's and K's. All while being 20-21. I'm confident that the O's will be able to keep him at C. They've done great with MW and CJ.

The pitching side of our org. lacks potential stars. However, it's going to be real exciting to see what Walker, Mancini, Sisco and Reyes become over the next season or so.

Kendall would be a sweet result. I've been picturing a John Jaso comp with Sisco, which also would have some value.

I don't mind if he's an OBP guy like Rickard, and if his defense comes around; he could replace whoever we have catching in 2-3 years.

Rickard is an OBP guy like JJ Hardy or Matt Wieters are.

It's been true so far. Rickard drew a lot of walks in the minors, but since pitchers at the MLB level do not fear his power they are attacking him more. I expect his BB #'s at the big league level to increase with experience.

Sisco could face the same issue when he makes it to the bigs. Seems to be a more advanced hitter though at his age. I would like to see him develop 10-15 homerun run pop, but he will have value without that if he can stick at catcher.

Pretty impressive. Future # 2 hitter?

He's hit at every level and it looks like he is going to stay at catcher. Only one passed ball and has 7 CS in 14 attempts through a dozen games in Bowie. Gotta be considered our best position prospect at this point.

Can catch. Watched him do it. Nice throw down to second. Not game conditions though. Lee has not permitted a base runner.

Chance Sisco up to .348 .471 .435 (.905). I can't recall an Orioles prospect that put up OBP numbers like this in recent memory.

May be forcing a mid-season promotion. I really have no idea how far his defense has progressed. He has thrown out 10 of 24 base stealers. Any chance he's the starting catcher next season or at least in a platoon with Caleb?

Archived