2016 MLB Draft

As a lifetime O's fan and follower of college and USA baseball, I wasn't a big fan of giving up picks in this years draft. I was

really hoping to get Buddy Reed Jr who plays for Florida U,

and he is also from Maryland. He reminds me a lot of Adam

Jones. So hope the O's can still find a way to draft him?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/mock-draft-3-puk/#AtjsXveB0HrSDhzf.97

BA's most recent mock has the Orioles taking 3B Joe Rizzo

27. Orioles: As we wrote last week, the Orioles have had success recently when they’ve bet on bats, hitting on Trey Mancini and Chance Sisco. Drew Mendoza might be a fit here, but local product Joe Rizzo could also be in play. He’s a stroker with a less-than-ideal body and defensive question marks, somewhat similar to the two players the Orioles picked early last year, D.J. Stewart and Ryan Mountcastle. PICK: Joe Rizzo, 3b | Video

Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/mock-draft-3-puk/#XHyCetIg6kP5BdyW.99

Personally I'd gamble on Alec Hansen if he were there

I love the kid out of Vanderbilt. Bryan Reynolds he is playing at the top level of competition and for a strong program at Vandy. He is a line drive hitter with decent gap power and was a key contributor to their championship teams the last two years. He plays a good outfield and has an but an average arm. He reminds me of Markakis some with his tools though a switch hitter that will take a walk. I could see him be a quick one to come up the chart and could be able to take over for Jones when his contract comes up.

Find a way to draft Buddy Reed Jr. Who plays at the U of

Florida and is from Maryland. Oh wait we gave up that chance when we picked up the garbage. That's going to hurt for years.

I don't want any part of Reed he seems like one of those guys that gets over drafted and overhyped because he is an athlete. His bat is sub par and he reminds me more or some of the other guys like Avery and Hart then Jones.

In Steve Melewski's article on MASN this morning...the following 5 possibilities were listed for the 27th pick. Of these, I would love to see Jordan Sheffield RHP out of Vanderbilt (home of David Price and Sonny Gray). But I doubt seriously that he will last to pick 27 as he has thrown 31 innings so far this season without giving up an earned run.

Joe Rizzo, 3B, Oakton HS (Vienna, Va.)

* Matt Thiass, C, University of Virginia

* Drew Mendoza, SS/3B, Minneola (Fla.) High School

* Jordan Sheffield, RHP, Vanderbilt University

* Robert Tyler, RHP, University of Georgia

In Steve Melewski's article on MASN this morning...the following 5 possibilities were listed for the 27th pick. Of these, I would love to see Jordan Sheffield RHP out of Vanderbilt (home of David Price and Sonny Gray). But I doubt seriously that he will last to pick 27 as he has thrown 31 innings so far this season without giving up an earned run.

Joe Rizzo, 3B, Oakton HS (Vienna, Va.)

* Matt Thiass, C, University of Virginia

* Drew Mendoza, SS/3B, Minneola (Fla.) High School

* Jordan Sheffield, RHP, Vanderbilt University

* Robert Tyler, RHP, University of Georgia

We drafted Tyler before.

I don't want any part of Reed he seems like one of those guys that gets over drafted and overhyped because he is an athlete. His bat is sub par and he reminds me more or some of the other guys like Avery and Hart then Jones.

Agreed. Having played with Reed for a few years in high school and scouted him when Florida came to South Carolina the past few springs, I can tell you first hand he's more of an athlete than a baseball player in my opinion. That's not to say he couldn't develop into a solid all around player with pro instruction but I've just never been sold on his ability to hit consistently at the next level.

BA's Mock 4.0

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/mock-draft-4-0/#JPKv4WfgcABX9Cc6.97

27. ORIOLES: Baltimore is thought to be in on the prep bats and has local options such as eastern Pennsylvania’s Nolan Jones and Virginia’s Joe Rizzo. This pick could help kick off a run of high school hitters. PICK: Nolan Jones, ss

Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/mock-draft-4-0/#JkMwxEtKs15PSdlT.99

Looked up Nolan Jones and my initial reflex is the totally unfair "oh gawd, not Billy Rowell." 6-5, 200 lb left-handed hitting SS/3B with great raw power potential sounds like a dream, but can we develop him?

it is interesting to hear we're looking at prep bats. With Duq seemingly in win-now mode with the Crush signing, I would've anticipated a college arm that could reach the major and fill a 3-5 spot in the rotation pretty quickly.

Archived