Buck's statement on Kim and tonight's game

LookitsPuck

Moore (lefty) and 3 lefties in the ChiSox series spells minimal playing time for Kim. But Buck had the following to say:

?Frankly, I thought about running Kim out there tonight, but I think it?s in our team?s best interests to go this way right now. There are so many variables that come into play every day. I don?t like the idea of some guy sitting for three of the next four days, but we?re trying to win tonight?s game.?

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/04/rickard-remains-in-lineup-seeks-solution-to-slump.html

Does this rub anyone else the wrong way?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why? I don't see anything wrong with what he said. The team winning comes before any individual player.

Buck doesn't usually throw his players under the bus, but he's done it more and more this year with Kim.

That and I don't know if Pedro Alvarez is going to make the team that much better than Kim when it comes to "trying to win a game".

It just seemed like another smack in the face and totally unnecessary.

Omg, Kim isn't very good. Move on. Lordy Lordy.

The O's think they are so smart by playing who blinks first and meanwhile Flaherty is sitting in AAA. Complete garbage. Eat the contract and move on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L

Omg, Kim isn't very good. Move on. Lordy Lordy.

The O's think they are so smart by playing who blinks first and meanwhile Flaherty is sitting in AAA. Complete garbage. Eat the contract and move on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Kim is hitting 500 in very limited play. I guess he doesn't SO enough for Buck.

And you bring up Flaherty? That automatic out? Really?

Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't. It's pretty clear he didn't want him on the team with his "Kim is not competing for a ML spot" statement halfway through ST. I really don't care and his comments didn't bother me at all. To each his own.

If Buck has an axe to grind, maybe it's really with the men who are responsible for signing Kim to the contract they did.

Maybe Buck is angry that Kim refuses to be optioned to the minors and that the FO signed him to a contract that allows Kim to refuse to be optioned. So Buck will have Kim sit, perhaps to pressure him to allow him to be optioned.

The context of the article is about Joey Rickard and why Buck kept him in the line up. Basically it's about confidence in Joey, not bashing Kim. I like Kim, but I wouldn't have started him tonight nor would I start him v the net 4 LH SP. I will try to work him in late.

L

I believe Kim is hitting 500 in very limited play. I guess he doesn't SO enough for Buck.

And you bring up Flaherty? That automatic out? Really?

I fail to understand how 45 spring training AB's and 10 regular season AB's is enough for some people to declare a player with the circumstances Kim has as being no good. He has done better each time he has had a

chance to play. I was just looking at his player page on mlb.com and was surprised to see his projections there.

124 AB, .298/.367/.435, .802 OPS

I know it's just a projection, but it's a pretty nice one. Some have just decided they don't like him regardless of what he does. Buck strikes me as the kind of person that has trouble entertaining the possibility of being

wrong especially about something like Kim who he was very public about. There's a lot of ego there IMO. I maintain that Kim will be nowhere near as bad as some think and probably a great deal better.

The context of the article is about Joey Rickard and why Buck kept him in the line up. Basically it's about confidence in Joey, not bashing Kim. I like Kim, but I wouldn't have started him tonight nor would I start him v the net 4 LH SP. I will try to work him in late.

Kim went 2-for-3 against Odorizzi back on the 10th. I would have started him since he was one of the few pitchers Kim had already seen. Considering how much he struggled, Kim probably would have had another good game.

Kim went 2-for-3 against Odorizzi back on the 10th. I would have started him since he was one of the few pitchers Kim had already seen. Considering how much he struggled, Kim probably would have had another good game.
I like the better D from Joey and while he didn't get results last night, he had some good AB and two drives in the gap that were run down. Joey's AB are far better than Schoops at the moment. Or Manny's for that matter.

Archived