Eddie Gamboa has a 0.71 ERA

Rene88

Pitching out of the dcd144343fa81f0a0b846547ae9ddd2e.jpgbullpen for AAA Durham for the Rays. I wish after investing so much time in him, we would have given him more time. Any thoughts on why he wasn't resigned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he pick the Rays since they might have more opportunities for a knuckle-baller from the pen? Or maybe it was the suspensions.

Any way of finding out what the knuckleball/fastball ratio he is throwing?? If I remember correctly it seemed like he wanted to mix in more fastballs but the O's wanted him to focus on knuckleballs.

Now he's turning his middle knuckle around at us. ;)

Now he's turning his middle knuckle around at us. ;)

The Orioles drafted Gamboa in the 21st round, back in 2008.

He was in the Orioles' Minor League system for 8 years, between 2008 and 2015.

They gave him numerous chances, including staying with him after he was suspended for 50 games for testing positive for PED's in 2014.

If Gamboa has any ill will toward the Orioles, he can stick his middle knuckle up his ass.

The Orioles drafted Gamboa in the 21st round, back in 2008.

He was in the Orioles' Minor League system for 8 years, between 2008 and 2015.

They gave him numerous chances, including staying with him after he was suspended for 50 games for testing positive for PED's in 2014.

If Gamboa has any ill will toward the Orioles, he can stick his middle knuckle up his ass.

I was just making a joke. :) I don't think he'll be a quality MLB reliever anyway.

I was just making a joke. :) I don't think he'll be a quality MLB reliever anyway.

OK, but even the slightest hint of Gamboa getting revenge on the Orioles gets my dander up, all things considered.

He may be a late bloomer and wind up having some success in the Majors someday, but if he does, it's certainly not on the Orioles for giving up on him too soon.

OK, but even the slightest hint of Gamboa getting revenge on the Orioles gets my dander up, all things considered.

He may be a late bloomer and wind up having some success in the Majors someday, but if he does, it's certainly not on the Orioles for giving up on him too soon.

I gotcha, yeah that was never my intention. I just like to make jokes because my life quality is horrible. I apologize for the confusion.

Gamboa is a guy I think the O's really should have kept around and not given up on at all. He is still fairly early in his knuckle ball career and that takes time to master it. I was excited at the prospect of a 50/50 knuckleball/fastball pitcher. Has that ever happened?

Gamboa is a guy I think the O's really should have kept around and not given up on at all. He is still fairly early in his knuckle ball career and that takes time to master it. I was excited at the prospect of a 50/50 knuckleball/fastball pitcher. Has that ever happened?

8 years in the minors and a 50-game drug suspension that occurred 2 years ago is plenty of time (and chances) for me.

And as Crazy Silver pointed out, the Orioles' bullpen is far from lacking AND there are several guys in the minors that they don't currently have room for ...... and they are already carrying 13 pitchers.

8 years in the minors and a 50-game drug suspension that occurred 2 years ago is plenty of time (and chances) for me.

And as Crazy Silver pointed out, the Orioles' bullpen is far from lacking AND there are several guys in the minors that they don't currently have room for ...... and they are already carrying 13 pitchers.

I get what you're saying but I just think Gamboa is an interesting player. I like interesting players. Also his PED suspension was the result of ill advised thyroid medication I thought...entirely possible he could be lying but a knuckleballer is going to be successful by having a good feel for the pitch and nothing else. I doubt PEDs would have been beneficial enough to warrant the risk.

• 1 month later...

o

In Gamboa's most recent outing, he gave up 5 runs in only 1.67 innings against AAA-Buffalo.

His ERA for the season is a respectable 3.38, and his WHIP is a solid 1.162 for AAA-Durham.

He has yet to make his career Major League debut.

Archived