vs. WHITE SOX, 4/29 Orioles Hangout Night

Sessh

Baltimore Orioles (13-8, 1st +1.5) vs. Chicago White Sox (16-7, 1st +3.0)

Streak / L10

BAL: +2, Won 2 of 3 / L10: 5-5

CWS: -1, Won 6 of 7 / L10: 8-2

Game 2 (7:05)

(QS=1)Mike Wright (1-2) 6.23 (1.33/.288), 12/4 (3HR)

vs.

(QS=3)Carlos Rodon (1-2) 4.05 (1.40/.240), 20/10 (2HR)

Mike Wright: Wright has gone at least six innings in two straight starts and unfortunately, the Orioles have been unable to win either of those games. He got one out in the seventh in KC, but gave up five runs on eight hits (2HR), but no walks. Wright did pitch well for most of that game, though. I'll be honest, Wright is growing on me a little bit. I am tough to please and so he is going to have to prove he can pitch well consistently before I can be a believer, but he's got my attention. He really does suck against lefties, though.

Wright has faced the White Sox only once giving up three runs on two home runs in five innings and he has not done all that well at Camden Yards for his career either, but did throw his one QS at home against Toronto this season.

Splits & Sits

34 vs. left: .345/.441/.588, 3HR

40 vs. right: .243/.282/.350

Bases Empty: .293

RISP: .214

RISP w/2 outs: .333

Men on w/2 outs: .375

Man on 3rd, < 2 outs: .000

Career @ Camden Yards (6 starts, 2 relief)

(2-3) 5.79 (1.41/.276), 6HR

Career vs. CWS (1 start)

(1-0) 5 IP, 6H, 3ER, 2HR

vs. Batter

Melky Cabrera 2/3

Jose Abreu 1/3

Adam Eaton 1/3, S-HR

Dioner Navarro 0/1

Carlos Rodon: Rodon has pitched much better than his numbers suggest. He has gone at least six innings in three of his four starts and one was seven. In those three starts totaling 19.2 IP, his line is 1.83 (1.02) with 20 base runners allowed in those 19.2 innings. However, Rodon has pitched 20 innings this season. In the other inning against the Angels two starts ago, he couldn't even record his second out of the game before the Angels dropped five runs on six hits and two walks on him knocking him out in the first inning. Rodon threw 41 pitches in that one inning and faced nine batters. So, Rodon's season numbers are very misleading. He has been very good overall for Chicago. Rodon has only thrown one inning at Camden Yards and six overall against the Orioles where he gave up three earned in the five inning start he made.

Splits & Sits

24 vs. left: .130/.130/.125

64 vs. right: .288/.397/.328, 2HR, 10BB

Bases Empty: .205

RISP: .357

RISP w/2 outs: .000

Men on w/2 outs: .077

Man on 3rd, < 2 outs: .800

Career @ Camden Yards (1 relief)

(0-0) 1 IP, K

Career vs Baltimore (1 start, 1 relief)

(0-1) 6 IP, 4R (3ER), 8/4, HR

vs. Batter

Adam Jones 1/3, 2B, RBI

Nolan Reimold 0/3

Chris Davis 0/2, BB

J.J. Hardy 0/2

Caleb Joseph 0/2, BB

Jonathan Schoop 1/2, S-HR

Mark Trumbo 0/2

Manny Machado 0/1, BB

Not surprisingly, the Orioles offense comes alive at home against a mediocre starter and finished the job against Petricka. Davis, Trumbo and Machado all go deep accounting for seven of our 10 runs which is also no surprise. We will find out tomorrow how the White Sox respond to being blown out to end a six game winning streak, but I still consider them to be hot until they lose at least two in a row. Also, of course, I have to mention Hyun Soo Kim getting another pinch hit opportunity and lined a base hit to left field in a great piece of opposite field hitting.

So now, it's Rodon and Wright. Wright has been dreadful against lefties and getting the third out with RISP. He has yet to grow into his home park either and has only one start against the White Sox and it was an OK one. Wright has mostly pitched well in his last two starts, though. Rodon on the other hand also has only six innings against the Orioles consisting of one scoreless relief inning and a start of five innings that didn't go well. He has pitched well this season in three of his four starts so far and has put the hammer down with RISP and two outs. Not much to go on with these two except their performance in 2016. Should be a fun one to watch.

The Orioles are now 8-1 at home and have moved back up to 1.5 games in the lead as Atlanta snapped Boston's four game winning streak. TB are three back, Toronto four back and NY, who had an off day, 4.5 games back.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sitting here at work tonight. .. feeling lazy. :D I think I'll take a half day and watch the game.

Whenever I do something like that the O's lose...and usually give up something like 10 runs in the first inning.

I also can't wear any O's clothing. What meager O's paraphernalia I do have stays firmly in the bottom of my closet.

Archived