Wow, Kim is untouchable

cm1290

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shows how little spring training ultimately matters. He looked pretty lost in the spring at-bats that I saw of him, but he's having pretty sharp at-bats right now. The power still isn't there, and that average is the result of some remarkably good luck in those at-bats, but he's done a good job proving that the minor league assignment idea was completely unnecessary.

I may be in the minority, but I'd really like to see him continue taking more at-bats away from Rickard now that he's cooled off. Given that the numbers thus far have concluded that Rickard's defense doesn't match his athleticism, it's not like you're really losing all that much by giving Kim more looks in the outfield.

Regardless, it's pretty cool we're a full month into the season and the left fielder debate is an honestly interesting one, not the game of russian roulette everyone expected it to be.

The question about Kim is whether he can adjust to major league heat. Latos isn't really a gauge of that. His fastball was sitting at 88-90. That said, Kim hit the ball on the button all three AB against him, and also hit the DP ball pretty hard.

The question about Kim is whether he can adjust to major league heat. Latos isn't really a gauge of that. His fastball was sitting at 88-90. That said, Kim hit the ball on the button all three AB against him, and also hit the DP ball pretty hard.

Shhh Frobby, don't spoil the fun:)

Archived