vs. ATHLETICS, 5/07 DH Gm.2

Sessh

Baltimore Orioles (16-12, T-1st, +2.0) vs. Oakland A's (14-16, 3rd -3.5)

Streak / L10

BAL: -1, Lost 4 of 6 / L10: 5-5

OAK: +1, Lost 4 of 5 / L10: 4-6

Doubleheader Game 2 (7:05)

(QS=2)Ubaldo Jimenez (1-3) 5.20 (1.70/.296), 29/15 (4HR)

vs.

(QS=1)Jesse Hahn (1-0) 0.00 (0.75/.143), 4/2

Ubaldo Jimenez: Ubaldo Jimenez: Jimenez is coming off his worst start of the young season against Chicago. He could not get through the fifth inning and allowed six runs on seven hits and four walks. He also threw less than 100 pitches for the first time all season. Jimenez hasn't been good both at home this season or against the A's for his career.

Splits & Sits

51 vs. left: .326/.431/.490, 2HR

75 vs. right: .277/.360/.377, 2HR

Bases Empty: .352, 3HR

RISP: .176

RISP w/2 outs: .167

Men on w/2 outs: .167

Man on 3rd, < 2 outs: .133

2016 Home (3 starts)

(1-1) 4.86 (1.68/.303), 3HR

Career vs. OAK (6 starts)

(3-1) 5.28 (1.63/.248), 5HR

vs. Batter

Billy Butler (29 AB) .345, 2B, HR, 5RBI, 6BB

Josh Reddick (13 AB) .308, 2 2B, S-HR

Jed Lowrie 0/8

Eric Sogard 0/6, 3K, BB

Stephen Vogt 1/6, 2-R HR, 3K

Chris Coghlan 0/5

Marcus Semien 2/4, BB

Josh Phegley 3/4, 2B, 2BB

Mark Canha 1/3

Billy Burns 1/3, RBI

Jesse Hahn: Hahn has made only one start so far this season and it was 6.2 innings of three hit ball against Houston where he needed only 81 pitches to get that far. Hahn got 13 outs on ground balls and only four on fly balls which should play right into this team's weaknesses. Hahn has thrown 176.2 innings over the last two years and has been pretty solid putting up a 3.11 (1.17/.225) over that time. Like Wright, Hahn will be getting his first look at a new team.

Splits & Sits

9 vs. left: .222/.222/.222

14 vs. right: .083/.214/.143, 2HR

Bases Empty: .176

RISP: .000

RISP w/2 outs: .000

Men on w/2 outs: .000

Man on 3rd, < 2 outs: NA

2016 Away (0 starts)

NA

Career @ Camden Yards (0 starts)

Debut

Career vs Baltimore (0 starts)

Debut

vs. Batter

Pedro Alvarez 1/2, 2-R HR, K

The Orioles lose the first game 8-4, but three of those runs came in the ninth and the A's were not forced to use their strongest bullpen arms which will all be fresh for game two. The Orioles are showing the relentless pattern of long dry spells and very fast burning hot streaks which IMO will be what this team will be like most of the season. Jesse Hahn is a solid, young pitcher for the A's and should also prove to be difficult to crack especially considering he will be new to everyone except Alvarez. Jimenez on the other hand is, well, Jimenez. Never know what we'll get from him and he has pitched poorly both at home this season and against the A's for his career. Winning a doubleheader is not an easy thing, but the Orioles seem to have a real chance of losing both of these games if the first was any indication.

In the division, Boston has dropped two in a row and remain tied with the Orioles for first place while Toronto lost today and remain two back. Both TB and NY have won two in a row, but TB doesn't play their game until 6PM as they are out west playing the Angels. TB sits 2.5 back and the Yankees are five back. Meanwhile, Oakland sits 3.5 back of the division leading Seattle Mariners who play tonight at 7PM with Texas in second having won two in a row and already played their game for today.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just watching Take Me Out To The Ballgame featuring Jim Palmer talking about his book that Roy Firestone wrote the foreword on and Palmer mentioned about how Roy always texts him during games and tells him the

Orioles are going to lose. :laughlol: Good stuff and all smiles from Jim.

First off.. who's that in the pic? Secondly.. I am surprised you didn't take a nap during the 1st game. I almost did.

Which pic? Kate Hudson now. Kaley Cuoco earlier. Some Romanian news reader babe even earlier, Monica Dascalu.

I don't only tell him the Os will lose...sometimes I tell them they are going to win. Sometimes.

Oh, I know. Jim was obviously just having fun with you, but I laughed at that. :)

Archived