vs. MARINERS, 5/17

OFFNY

o

DOWN ON THE Advanced-A FARM

Means started the 7th inning by getting a routine fly ball ...... which the rightfielder simply lost.

The next batter hit a double, and he exited the game.

Hence, he had a better game than his overall numbers indicate.

18 OUTS: 8 Strikeouts, 5 Flyouts, 3 Groundouts, 1 Popout, 1 Lineout

JOHN ALAN MEANS O (vs. Advanced-A Myrtle Beach, 5/16)

IP:l 6 - PLUS

H:;; 6 l(3 Doubles, 3 Singles)

R:l) 2

BB: 1

SO: 8

Pitches: 91 (60 Strikes, 31 Balls)

2016 ERA: 2.09 l(Advanced-A Frederick)

PITCHES BY INNING

21 (14 Strikes, 7 Balls)

12 (81 Strikes, 4 Balls)

81 (51 Strikes, 3 Balls)

14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

12 (91 Strikes, 3 Balls)

20 (12 Strikes, 8 Balls)

41 (21 Strikes, 2 Balls) *

* Means did not record any outs before departing in the 7th inning.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baltimore Orioles (23-13, T-1st, +6.0) vs. Seattle Mariners (21-16, 2nd -0.5)

Streak / L10

BAL: -1, Won 9 of 12 / L10: 8-2

SEA: -3, 4-4 over last 8 / L10: 5-5

NEW: Quality Start minimum requirements

- 6 IP, 2ER

- 7 IP, 3ER

- Game ERA must be under four

Game 1 (7:05)

(QS=2)Ubaldo Jimenez (2-3) 4.87 (1.72/.307), 37/20 (5HR)

vs.

(QS=2)Wade Miley (3-2) 4.91 (1.25/.274), 34/9 (8HR) / (*L4: (3-0) 3.18 (0.88), 6HR)

Ubaldo Jimenez: Two of his three May starts have been pretty bad with four walks in each of them. The eight inning performance of two runs allowed is sandwiched between them. He hasn't had bad starts back to back yet, so there's a glimmer of hope for a good start this time.

Splits & Sits

79 vs. left: .371/.443/.519, 3HR

107 vs. right: .258/.346/.336, 2HR

Bases Empty: .354

RISP: .200

RISP w/2 outs: .176

Men on w/2 outs: .179

Man on 3rd, < 2 outs: .118

2016 Home (5 starts)

(2-1) 4.55 (1.72/.314), 4HR

Career vs. SEA (5 starts)

(2-1) 4.02 (1.40/.258), 7HR

vs. Batter

Adam Lind (19 AB) .263, 2B, 2RBI, 3BB

Nelson Cruz (12 AB) .000, 2BB

Robinson Cano (11 AB) .545, 2 2B, 2HR, 3RBI, BB

Kyle Seager 2/9, 2BB

Leonys Martin 1/9, HR, 2RBI, 2BB

Seth Smith 1/6, 2BB

Norichika Aoki 2/6, RBI, BB

Chris Ianetta 3/5, 2RBI, 3BB

Wade Miley: Miley got off to a rough start over his first three, but has been much better over his last four including a complete game shutout. He has gone at least six innings in all four starts, but allowed four runs in two of them and has been very prone to the long ball mostly due to his struggles against right handed hitters. Most of his bad starts have come on the road and Miley has been beyond horrible against the Orioles and even worse at Camden Yards in a few starts, but he has been pitching better of late in 2016.

Splits & Sits

40 vs. left: .216/.250/.325, HR

139 vs. right: .290/.331/.468, 7HR

Bases Empty: .245

RISP: .357

RISP w/2 outs: .300

Men on w/2 outs: .300

Man on 3rd, < 2 outs: .125

2016 Away (4 starts)

(1-1) 5.48 (1.52/.300), 4HR

Career @ Camden Yards (2 starts)

(0-2) 15.63 (2.53/.438), 3HR, 11ER & 16 baserunners in 6.1 IP

Career vs Baltimore (3 starts)

(0-2) 10.13 (1.80/.356), 4HR, 15ER & 24BR in 13.1 IP

vs. Batter

Manny Machado 3/7, S-HR, BB

Chris Davis 2/7, 2B, 2RBI

Adam Jones 2/6, 2B, HR, 2RBI, BB

Pedro Alvarez 0/6

Matt Wieters 1/4, S-HR, BB

Nolan Reimold 1/3, S-HR

Mark Trumbo 1/2, BB

Ryan Flaherty 0/2

The four game sweep wasn't to be for the Orioles as the Tigers finally showed some life that endured through the whole game. Moya made another bad play early on, but redeemed himself with a pair of doubles in the 6-5 win for the Tigers. Darren O'Day gave up back to back home runs on back to back pitches in the eighth as the Orioles bullpen is the one to fail today. The umpire dropped the ball on a check swing though it was a close call, but O'Day gave up another homer on the very next pitch. Oh well, three out of four ain't bad.

Miley has been pretty good lately for the M's, but has not had good fortune against the Orioles especially at Camden Yards while Jimenez is, well, Jimenez. Who knows what we'll get out of him? The M's are coming off being swept by the Angels of all teams and have lost their division lead to the Rangers.

In the division, the Rays are up big on Toronto after Happ gave up eight runs in the first two innings which will technically make Toronto and TB tied for second six games back for the time being with Boston and Baltimore tied for first as Boston's game against KC was rained out today. Meanwhile, the Twins seem to have woken up offensively lately as they have scored at least five runs in each of the last four games now. Currently, they are in a slugfest with the Tigers behind by one run in the 8th after Jose Berrios allowed eight runs in the first inning and had to be relieved by Pat Dean who again was solid in relief. Over the next three innings, the Twins were able to score seven off of Zimmermann, but have not been able to get the lead from the Tigers who ended their series with us on a high note. In the west, the Rangers will start their game in Oakland in about 20 minutes and will decide whether there is a tie for first or if Texas will be a game up on Seattle.

Archived