Are we concerned about O'Day yet?

ArtVanDelay

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll be fine. Think we are seeing a regression against lefties. But O'Day is a hard worker and will figure out what pitches against lefties to limit the damage.

Also not worried about his contract. He's durable and his velocity and deception is still there. Doubt it changes much.

Last 10 appearances for O'Day (9.2 IP) : 11 hits, 4 walks, 4 homers, 5.59 ERA, 1.016 OPS

I believe 2 of those walks were intentional, but those are still some really ugly numbers.

Roy says he has an elbow issue?

Darren O'Day went ten games giving up 5 Hits, 3 Walks, had 14 Strike-outs and an ERA of 0.00 in 8 2/3 Innings. He now has 3 of 10 appearances that he gives up some runs and we should have a concern??? Teams/Players adjust. Pitchers have a dead arm period. Some games he was in were not as pressured as he was use to being in and I think he let up some. My concern is more with the team getting into a situation were he can be better utilized.

He gives up a run about once every seven times he takes the ball. So, no, not concerned.

He's also one blown check swing call away from having a 1.00 ERA over his last nine innings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that was a biggie. He's got 2 heartbreaking BS's this year. He'll be fine.

I was worried when they resigned him.

It is unlikely he can maintain his recent streak of dominant pitching for the extent of the new contract and that level of performance is needed to justify the deal.

I agree. I was very surprised they resigned him. I thought they would have been just fine with Brach and Givens. The money could have gone to a more pressing need. Regardless of how this season turns out for him, it's hard to imagine him being so effective at 36.

Archived