2016 9th Round Pick - Lucas Humpal - RHP - Texas State

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W472A_pejZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lucas Humpal, right handed pitcher for the Bobcats, had a unique and impressive junior season. Starting with being named the Sun Belt Conference Preseason Pitcher of the Year and ending with being selected in the 2015 MLB Draft. The Corpus Christi native is leaving his hand-prints all over the Texas State Baseball program.

Last season, Humpal racked up a team-high 80 strikeouts with only 35 walks, and earned 5 wins along the way. In the Sun Belt Conference, he tied for second in games started at 16 and recorded 61 strikeouts against Sun Belt opponents earning the second spot among in-conference pitchers. The preseason pitcher of the year also had one complete-game that ended in a win over Appalachian State. About a month after losing to the third seed UL Lafayette in the Sun Belt tournament, Humpal was selected by the Cleveland Indians in the 2015 MLB draft.

“Well I’ve been with the same guys here as my freshman year as a couple of guys who have been there for me, so I wanted to come back this year to be there for them,” said Humpal.

“I did ask some of the players from the past who have been drafted and get their piece of advice. A lot of people don’t quite know the process of the MLB draft, so it was hard to seek advice who haven’t been through it,” said Humpal.

https://ktswblog.net/2016/02/05/lucas-humpal-returns-to-the-bobcats-for-senior-year/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W472A_pejZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lucas Humpal, right handed pitcher for the Bobcats, had a unique and impressive junior season. Starting with being named the Sun Belt Conference Preseason Pitcher of the Year and ending with being selected in the 2015 MLB Draft. The Corpus Christi native is leaving his hand-prints all over the Texas State Baseball program.

Last season, Humpal racked up a team-high 80 strikeouts with only 35 walks, and earned 5 wins along the way. In the Sun Belt Conference, he tied for second in games started at 16 and recorded 61 strikeouts against Sun Belt opponents earning the second spot among in-conference pitchers. The preseason pitcher of the year also had one complete-game that ended in a win over Appalachian State. About a month after losing to the third seed UL Lafayette in the Sun Belt tournament, Humpal was selected by the Cleveland Indians in the 2015 MLB draft.

“Well I’ve been with the same guys here as my freshman year as a couple of guys who have been there for me, so I wanted to come back this year to be there for them,” said Humpal.

“I did ask some of the players from the past who have been drafted and get their piece of advice. A lot of people don’t quite know the process of the MLB draft, so it was hard to seek advice who haven’t been through it,” said Humpal.

https://ktswblog.net/2016/02/05/lucas-humpal-returns-to-the-bobcats-for-senior-year/

Indians, 37th round.

Tyler Wilson signed for only slightly more than that if I recall

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Wilson is a remarkable success story as a round 10 senior sign. I think he got something like $30k. And it's not like his stuff is lightyears better now than it was when he was drafted -- he's just always known how to pitch.

• 1 month later...

o

Humpal's latest outing ........

9 OUTS: 5 Strikeouts, 2 Groundouts, 2 Flyouts

LUCAS RANDAL HUMPAL O (vs. Advanced Rookie League-Brooklyn, 7/21)

IP:l 3

H:;; 0 l

R:l) 0

BB:)0

SO:)5

Pitches: 41 (25 Strikes, 16 Balls)

2016 ERA: 1.38 l(Advanced Rookie League-Aberdeen)

PITCHES BY INNING

13 (71 Strikes, 6 Balls)

12 (71 Strikes, 5 Balls)

16 (11 Strikes, 5 Balls)

Archived