vs. BLUE JAYS, 6/12

OFFNY

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That thread needed to be deleted. We need to cleanse ourselves of Ubaldo.

Good thinking, OFFNY.

Yes, in this game thread, Worley started and he's pitching a perfect game so far.

I like it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• A couple of things that I find interesting, Yaqui Rivera - Acquired in the Tanner Scott/Cole Sulser trade with the Marlins. Juan Nunez - Acquired in the Jorge Lopez trade.   Creed Willems - still only 20 and already in A+.  He got off to a big start last year as well and then struggled the rest of the year.  We're a little spoiled with prospect success from the college guys and HS phenoms Mayo, Holliday, and Gunnar.  The HS position players take some time.  
    • Perez threw an inning of rehab last night with Norfolk.  His velocity was down about 1.5 MPH on his sinker, and everything was down a tick, but he was getting some work in and doesn't look too far away from being ready.
    • I don’t trust that guy to be very useful despite the strong start. He’s a good regression candidate. Would rather have Kopech. 
    • O's have Fabian behind Bradfield and Mullins will likely decline after '25 when he becomes a FA. I think one of those two should be able to hold down CF. Beavers could be in the mix as well.
    • Its a total joke that Wagner isn’t it in yet. 
    • I see no dilemma. He’s under team control right now during his best season’s. When he becomes a FA he will be out of his prime. I mean I love Mullins as a player and what he brings. But when we are talking about priorities for extensions, he is nowhere near the top considering you have an MVP caliber 22 year old, an ultra talented top prospect who is 20, and your team leader is 25. Those 3 are the engine that will drive this bus toward postseason glory most probably, not Cedric Mullins. If the Yanks want to give him that kind of contract while we retain 2 out of the 3 if Henderson, Rutschman, and Holliday; then so be it!  What I shudder to think about is a prime Henderson or Holliday crushing it for one of our competitors so that we can have a declining CF. Didn’t we just do that the last go around? Where we choose to resign the (predictably) declining player while we let the younger/more talented player leave? Yes, I agree that Bradfield Jr’s development is important. But since Elias/Sig have been here they haven’t struck out on any first round picks. Also, if Bradfield proves to be a bust, they can always draft and/or develop another CF type.
    • Thanks, I missed that detail probably multi-tasking in the game thread. I do think Kimbrel has a good shot*...Wagner should go in next cycle, and the electorate in the coming years will be wrestling with how Epstein, Friedman, etc. have improved per pitch efficiency by downsizing the workload literally any individual pitcher can shoulder.      There can't not be any Hall of Famers with all this run prevention going on.    I think now that he's officially retired Strasburg will be a good debate.    Bumgarner too, though I don't believe I've seen that guy yet admitting any retirement. *better shot if say he can get the last out of an important postseason series or three in 2024.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now