DJ Stewart (and others) promoted to Frederick

Frobby

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do the O's have their best developmental guys? I've never thought of this before, but there must be some strategy around where in the minors you place your top coaches in terms of evolving young talent. I doubt you want them at the lowest levels of the organization or at AAA, so I'd expect it would be Bowie, Delmarva or Frederick. Anyone have any insights?

I'm just glad Meisenger and Cleavinger get to show what they can do at a level that's not so clearly beneath them.

Hopefully, RZNJ pegged the reasoning on Stewart. I'm skeptical about it working, but I'm inclined to give the O's credit for thinking outside the box there. Then again, a guy like Mullins - who's done no worse than Stewart - has a valid gripe if he's thinking Why the bleep is he getting promoted over me?

Where do the O's have their best developmental guys? I've never thought of this before, but there must be some strategy around where in the minors you place your top coaches in terms of evolving young talent. I doubt you want them at the lowest levels of the organization or at AAA, so I'd expect it would be Bowie, Delmarva or Frederick. Anyone have any insights?

Reyes is also in Frederick (but not hitting well) but its possible they have one of thier better hitting instructors there, but thats just a guess.

A chance for a fresh start for Stewart. A psychological JumpStart more than anything else.

Bingo. Remember he's got crazy home and away splits over his year in the O's organization. I think he gets too much hate. Looks like he's in pretty good shape, I mean he has 16 SB's. A .750+ OPS and we're probably looking at him in Bowie to start 17'.

Bingo. Remember he's got crazy home and away splits over his year in the O's organization. I think he gets too much hate. Looks like he's in pretty good shape, I mean he has 16 SB's. A .750+ OPS and we're probably looking at him in Bowie to start 17'.

I don't think it's that.

I think they needed room at Aberdeen for this year's draft class.

But wouldn't you normally wait till his OPS really is .750+ at Delmarva rather than .719. The 16 steals comes with 6 times caught, and he's struck out a ton this season. Oh well, hopefully this works out well.

Seems like odd timing. Hopefully, like others have said, maybe this will give him a fresh slate.

He OPS'd over 1000 for 3 straight years in the ACC, then has OPS'd .633 in the NYPL and .719 in SALL. Is this the wooden bat effect? I wouldn't think that the pitching in the ACC would have been worse than those leagues.

Seems like odd timing. Hopefully, like others have said, maybe this will give him a fresh slate.

He OPS'd over 1000 for 3 straight years in the ACC, then has OPS'd .633 in the NYPL and .719 in SALL. Is this the wooden bat effect? I wouldn't think that the pitching in the ACC would have been worse than those leagues.

He put up a 270/328/443 for a 771 OPS in the Cape Cod League.

Hopefully this will help. You would have thought a change from Aberdeen to Delmarva would have been the change of scenery to get things popping. Maybe this will help. Hope so. The other side of this move could be that Frederick has had several outfielders put on the DL recently. Might not be about Stewart at all, could be they needed to fill a hole up there.

Hopefully this will help. You would have thought a change from Aberdeen to Delmarva would have been the change of scenery to get things popping. Maybe this will help. Hope so. The other side of this move could be that Frederick has had several outfielders put on the DL recently. Might not be about Stewart at all, could be they needed to fill a hole up there.

Better hitters, especially, more patient ones, tend to do better against better pitching.

DJ Stewart is tied for most stolen bases in June. He has 6 (Jay Gonzalez). He's tied for 2nd overall across the Orioles and their top five minor teams all season, with 16 behind Gonzalez (33) and Cedric Mullins (16).

I thought he was supposed to be built like a bowling ball? A Nelson Cruz type.

DJ Stewart is tied for most stolen bases in June. He has 6 (Jay Gonzalez). He's tied for 2nd overall across the Orioles and their top five minor teams all season, with 16 behind Gonzalez (33) and Cedric Mullins (16).

I thought he was supposed to be built like a bowling ball? A Nelson Cruz type.

Built like a running back is more like it.

Archived