Shorebird Roster Transactions June 23 Stewart, Meisinger & Cleavenger to Frederick, more.

DrShorebird

The Delmarva Shorebirds, in conjunction with the Baltimore Orioles, have announced the following roster moves that will take immediate effect, after the conclusion of the 2016 All-Star break:

#29 LHP Reid Love transferred from Aberdeen (SS) to Delmarva (A)

#6 INF Sammie Starr placed on Delmarva 7-Day Disabled List (Left Wrist Injury)

#10 OF DJ Stewart transferred from Delmarva (A) to Frederick (A-Advanced)

#30 RHP Ryan Meisinger transferred from Delmarva (A) to Frederick (A-Advanced)

#35 LHP Garrett Cleavinger transferred from Delmarva (A) to Frederick (A-Advanced)

#10 OF Randolph Gassaway transferred from Aberdeen (SS) to Delmarva (A)

#27 LHP Robert Strader transferred from Aberdeen (SS) to Delmarva (A)

#46 RHP Michael Burke transferred from Aberdeen (SS) to Delmarva (A)

Congrats to Gassaway for hitting his way out of Aberdeen. Surprised that Mercedes, Murphy and B.Gonzalez didn't get a promotion too.

Heim and Sisco will likely have to get promoted for Murphy to get promoted - unless he does so well that he forced them to promote him. He's done nicely, but he hasn't done well enough that he's forcing them to promote him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Baumann has to be the one to go. I’m sure he’s a swell guy and all but he is not a major league pitcher. 
    • Once upon a time, Suarez was rated the 9th best prospect in the Appy League and as high as the 12th best prospect in the Rays system. He also did get parts of two seasons in the majors with the Giants. I know he's been bouncing around Japan and Korea for the past few years, but he wasn't completely off the radar earlier in his career. Pitchers have weird trajectories sometimes.
    • I'm not a doctor, so if the O's are confident he is up to going back into the rotation as a full time starter, I suppose I will trust it. However, it makes sense to me to be conservative and manage his innings so he is in peak form in Sept/Oct. Of course, that takes for granted that we can get to the playoffs with him in a lesser role which may not be the case, but my inclination would be to stretch him out later rather than sooner.
    • All of that is fair to point out, some of which I did. My only issue with the snarkiness of the original comment like there was an over reaction going on by pointing out he's off to a disappointing start.  At the end of the day, Basallo is uber talented and he will figure it out. 
    • Yeah Tate could be optioned. He hasn’t been impressive. But I don’t think we have to try too hard to protect Mike Baumann either. He really hasn’t shown anything in his 4 years in the MLB that warrants protection. I have a hard time seeing his survival if/when Wells, Perez, Bradish, Means return. 
    • The occasional clunker is inevitable, hopefully he gets them all out of the way before October.
    • I like Vazquez a little bit. I don't know how much he will hit at the upper levels, but he controls the strike zone, can run a bit, and is a good defender. He's got a utility player ceiling but for a 30K 20th round pick, he looks like a very nice org guy at the very least.
  • Popular Contributors