Oriole fans, the bullpen, and interference.

Drifter

I've seen plenty of times when the opposing team has taken away HR's from the O's (it happened twice last night). The way I understand the rule is: If a fan does not reach over into the field of play, the fan will not be charged with interference. While I know it's not easy to stick your face into a play coming your way.. we need to school our fans to get in there and wreak havoc on opposing outfielders :clap3:

Okay, now that that's settled, what about the BP? Would they be able to go for the ball too?

I've seen plenty of times when the opposing team has taken away HR's from the O's (it happened twice last night). The way I understand the rule is: If a fan does not reach over into the field of play, the fan will be charged with interference. While I know it's not easy to stick your face into a play coming your way.. we need to school our fans to get in there and wreak havoc on opposing outfielders :clap3:

Okay, now that that's settled, what about the BP? Would they be able to go for the ball too?

How can a fan be charged with interference if he "does not" reach over into the field of play?

How can a fan be charged with interference if he "does not" reach over into the field of play?
Yea, I missed that. For some reason, when I'm typing, the text just keeps going and going without auto-scrolling to the next line. I can't seem to figure that out. I did correct it... thanks

It's really easy to rob home runs at Camden Yards. I thought both of those catches would have been made by just about any Major League outfielder. The fences are pretty short. It would have been hard to interfere with the one to left field because the ball was barely over the fence when it was caught.

o

I would never interfere with a player of either team on a ball that was catchable, even if the ball was over the imaginary plane and into "fan" territory, and even if doing so would help the Orioles.

That's just the way that I feel (and act when I am the games.)

o

I would never interfere with a player of either team on a ball that was catchable, even if the ball was over the imaginary plane and into "fan" territory, and even if doing so would help the Orioles.

Buck wishes you felt differently. You probably didn't see the post-game presser last night when he was asked about it. He made a remark about how he was thinking about how polite Baltimore fans are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck wishes you felt differently. You probably didn't see the post-game presser last night when he was asked about it. He made a remark about how he was thinking about how polite Baltimore fans are.

I heard about it. It didn't (and wouldn't) change my mind.

I've seen plenty of times when the opposing team has taken away HR's from the O's (it happened twice last night). The way I understand the rule is: If a fan does not reach over into the field of play, the fan will not be charged with interference. While I know it's not easy to stick your face into a play coming your way.. we need to school our fans to get in there and wreak havoc on opposing outfielders :clap3:

I could not agree more with this sentiment. Especially since 1996 I have been infuriated by Orioles fans who cringe from the ball and opposing outfielders. No opposing fielder should EVER be allowed to reach into the stands to make a play. Get tall against the barrier, follow the ball up to 6 inches or so on the field side of the barrier, and force the use of replay if close.

What is worse is that when the Yankees have played in Baltimore over the last 20 years, their fans seem to have front row seats in left field and have generated some road team interference.

This is a subject near and dear to my heart. Ever since I saw that punk kid steal the ball from Tony Tarasco, I am itching for a chance to (legally) impact a game positively for the Orioles. The last time I sat in the front row at the Yard was the White Sox doubleheader last year, and there was no way Melky Cabrera was going to catch anything over that wall.

I wish all of our fans felt the same way.

This is a subject near and dear to my heart. Ever since I saw that punk kid steal the ball from Tony Tarasco, I am itching for a chance to (legally) impact a game positively for the Orioles. The last time I sat in the front row at the Yard was the White Sox doubleheader last year, and there was no way Melky Cabrera was going to catch anything over that wall.

I wish all of our fans felt the same way.

I feel the same way. If the ball is over the wall, it's fair game for the fans. I'm helping the Orioles win any way I can.

Archived