Cody Sedlock (Merged with: Sedlock sold to Tigers in July 2022)

weams

September call up? Highly unlikely... But crazier things have happened.

Pretty much impossible. I think they are going to limit his innings pretty severely considering he threw something like 110 innings in the college season, and they won't want to put him on the 40-man roster. I do recall that the White Sox brought Chris Sale to the majors a mere 7 weeks after he was drafted in 2010, and had him throw 23 innings in addition to the 10 he'd thrown in the minors. But I can't see the Orioles going that route.

Pretty much impossible. I think they are going to limit his innings pretty severely considering he threw something like 110 innings in the college season, and they won't want to put him on the 40-man roster. I do recall that the White Sox brought Chris Sale to the majors a mere 7 weeks after he was drafted in 2010, and had him throw 23 innings in addition to the 10 he'd thrown in the minors. But I can't see the Orioles going that route.

Sale signed in June for an affordable figure with the understanding that he might be in the majors that season.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/06/chris-sale-white-sox-reach-agreement.html

Finnegan pitched in the majors for KC the same year he was picked. He got into a game in the World Series as a matter of fact.

There might be one or two other recent examples. But it isn't common, especially as Frobby pointed out he threw a lot of innings in college (where practice starts in January and the season in February).

But of course we are desperate for pitching help... wasting our time praying in vain for a savior to rise from these streets.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cody Sedlock has arrived in Aberdeen! Please join us in welcoming the <a href="https://twitter.com/Orioles">@Orioles</a> 2016 first round pick! <a href="https://t.co/nwnTwBMKEl">pic.twitter.com/nwnTwBMKEl</a></p>— Aberdeen IronBirds (@IronBirds) <a href="

">July 5, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

o

Sedlock's career professional baseball debut.

9 OUTS: 5 Groundouts, 4 Strikeouts

CODY AUSTIN SEDLOCK O (vs. Advanced-Rookie League Williamsport, 7/09)

IP:l 3

H:;; 1 ll(1 Single)

R:l) 0

BB:)1

SO:)4

Pitches: 42 (27 Strikes, 15 Balls)

2016 ERA: 0.00 (Advanced-Rookie League Aberdeen)

PITCHES BY INNING

12 (91 Strikes, 3 Balls)

13 (71 Strikes, 6 Balls)

17 (11 Strikes, 6 Balls)