Cody Sedlock (Merged with: Sedlock sold to Tigers in July 2022)

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cody Sedlock has arrived in Aberdeen! Please join us in welcoming the <a href="https://twitter.com/Orioles">@Orioles</a> 2016 first round pick! <a href="https://t.co/nwnTwBMKEl">pic.twitter.com/nwnTwBMKEl</a></p>— Aberdeen IronBirds (@IronBirds) <a href="
">July 5, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like a ballplayer. Welcome Cody!

Nice start, even if you're obviously not going to make much out of 3 IP.

Be interesting to see where they start him next year. I'm assuming it will be Frederick or Bowie. The impatient fan in me prefers Bowie :)

I'd say Frederick is a pretty safe guess. Can't remember any college pitcher besides Gausman and Mussina who started their first full season at Bowie.

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sedlock gives up a two-run homer in top of the 1st after getting two quick outs to start the game. The Scrappers now lead 2-0.</p>— Aberdeen IronBirds (@IronBirds) <a href="

">July 29, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sedlock gives up a two-run homer in top of the 1st after getting two quick outs to start the game. The Scrappers now lead 2-0.</p>— Aberdeen IronBirds (@IronBirds) <a href="
">July 29, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bust!!! Trade him

He didn't allow the HR to faze him. He's been reasonably impressive so far, but not striking me as a guy who's going to rocket through the minors. I'd be pretty happy if he finished next year pitching well at Frederick, regardless of where he begins the year.

o

3 walks in only 3 innings.

He did do something that was very impressive ...... in the bottom of the 1st inning with runners on 2nd and 3rd base and nobody out, he struck out the side.

The defense behind him made 3 errors in only 3 innings, 1 of which was one of the runners that he stranded in the bottom of the 1st inning.

9 OUTS: 3 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Lineout

CODY AUSTIN SEDLOCK O (vs. Advanced Rookie League-Tri-City, 8/04)

IP:l 3

H:;; 1 ll(1 Double)

R:l) 1

BB:)3

SO:)3

Pitches: 54 (30 Strikes, 24 Balls)

2016 ERA: 3.00 l(Advanced Rookie League-Aberdeen)

PITCHES BY INNING

22 (12 Strikes, 10 Balls)

14 (11 Strikes, 31 Balls)

18 (71 Strikes, 11 Balls)

Matt Riley could come out of retirement, pitch right handed while drunk and still be better than Ubaldo.
Wonder whatever happened to that guy. And Billy Rowell.

Matt Riley lives in Franklin, Tennessee. He coaches some baseball at the youth level and is involved in some baseball camps. I coached against him this past spring in 10U girls fast pitch as well.

• Upvote 2