Cody Sedlock (Merged with: Sedlock sold to Tigers in July 2022)

weams

Sedlock pitched three innings last night and allowed one baserunner, on a leadoff double where the runner advanced to 3rd on a bad throw from Hays and then scored with two outs on a Sedlock wild pitch. On the night, Sedlock pitched 3 innings, allowed one hit and one unearned run, walked none and struck out three. Pretty typical performance for him this summer. I must say, I'm looking forward to seeing how he does next year against higher competition and in longer outings.

Worth noting: Sedlock has thrown three innings in each of his seven outings. In five of those, he allowed only one hit. However, yesterday was the first time he has gotten through an outing without walking a batter.

Edited by Frobby

o

0 earned runs over 3 innings pitched.

0 Walks, 3 Strikeouts.

Extremely pitch-efficient, and an excellent Strikes-to-Balls ratio.

9 OUTS: 3 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Flyout

CODY AUSTIN SEDLOCK o))o (vs. Advanced Rookie League-Tri-City, 8/18)

IP:l llll3

H:;;ll l1 ll(1 Double)

R:llll) 1

ER:)ll0

BB:)ll0

SO:)ll3

Pitches: 37 )(26 Strikes, l11 Balls)

2016 ERA: 2.14 l(Advanced Rookie League-Aberdeen)

PITCHES BY INNING

14 ll(10 Strikes, l4 )Balls)

10 ll(71 Strikes, l3 )Balls)

13 .l(91 Strikes, l4 )Balls)

o

I'm a little surprised they haven't bumped him up to Delmarva or Frederick.

Yeah, if I'm him, it'd be a big letdown. I'm not just out of HS, I've been playing big-time college ball for 3 years. But I'm 21 and not even in high A ball and just pitching 3 innings a game. Challenge me. Let me see what I need to work on.

Yeah, if I'm him, it'd be a big letdown. I'm not just out of HS, I've been playing big-time college ball for 3 years. But I'm 21 and not even in high A ball and just pitching 3 innings a game. Challenge me. Let me see what I need to work on.

The O's are very cautious with their young pitchers, unless of course they need you to fill out a spot in the ML rotation in which case who needs an inning cap?

To be fair, all of the other collegiate arms drafted in the first round are also in short-season, other than Burdi (Triple-A Charlotte) and Hudson (High A Palm Beach).

Interesting. Is that typical?

By the way, I'm not advocating that he pitch in longer stints than 3 innings, and I'm fine with the fact that he started at Aberdeen. I'd jus think they might like to see how his stuff plays at Frederick or Delmarva so that it will be more clear where to place him next April.

Interesting. Is that typical?

By the way, I'm not advocating that he pitch in longer stints than 3 innings, and I'm fine with the fact that he started at Aberdeen. I'd jus think they might like to see how his stuff plays at Frederick or Delmarva so that it will be more clear where to place him next April.

If it's an issue of his use at Illinois, I get Baltimore basically telling him to get his regular work in and worry about development next year. I think they will get ample opportunity in the spring to decide whether to start him at Delmarva or Frederick next year. As I stated somewhere, some folks think he could have been fast tracked in relief this year, but that's not an option if the Orioles are concerned by his workload.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

o

Outstanding 2017 season debut for Sedlock.

13 out of the 18 outs that he recorded came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

He retired 15 out of the final 16 batters that he faced (including 1 base-runner caught stealing 2nd base.)

18 OUTS: 7 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 5 Strikeouts, 3 Flyouts, 1 Lineout, 1 Caught Steakling

CODY AUSTIN SEDLOCK o))o (vs. Advanced-A Carolina, 4/8)

IP:l llll6

H:;;ll l2 ll(2 Singles)

R:lll.) 0

BB:)ll1

SO:).l5

Pitches: 83 )(52 Strikes, l31 Balls)

2017 ERA: 0.00 l(Advanced-A Frederick)

2017 WHIP: 0.500 l(Advanced-A Frederick) )

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVERAGE: .105 l(Advanced-A Frederick) ) 2 for 19

PITCHES BY INNING

15 ll(81 .lStrikes, ll7 )lBalls)

14 ll(11 .lStrikes, l.3 )lBalls)

6 1.l(51 llStrikes, l)1 )lBalls)

17 ..(91 llStrikes, l.l8 )lBalls)

10 .)(71 llStrikes, )l3 )lBalls)

21 ).(12 llStrikes, ).9 )lBalls)

o

• 2 weeks later...

o

1 Earned Run over 6 Innings Pitched.

The Keys made 3 errors in the 6 innings in which Sedlock was pitching.

18 OUTS: 6 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Strikeouts, 3 Flyouts, 3 Lineouts, 1 Out Trying to Stretch a Double into a Triple

CODY AUSTIN SEDLOCK o))o (vs. Advanced-A Winston-Salem, 4/18)

IP:l )ll6

H:;;l. l4 ll(3 Doubles, 1 Single)

R:lll.) 2

ER:.l 1

BB:.ll1

SO:)ll4

Pitches: 93 ll(67 Strikes, l26 Balls)

2017 ERA: 2.12 (Advanced-A Frederick)

2017 WHIP: 0.824 (Advanced-A Frederick) )

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVERAGE: l.155 )(Advanced-A Frederick) ) 9 for 58

PITCHES BY INNING

12 ll(81 .lStrikes, ..4 )lBalls)

22 l.(17 .lStrikes, l.5 )lBalls)

9 1.l(71 llStrikes, l)2 )lBalls)

21 ll(16 llStrikes, l.l5 )lBalls)

14 .l(81 llStrikes, )l6 )lBalls)

15 ))(11 llStrikes, ).4 )lBalls)

o