Can't keep playing Mark Trumbo in RF

webbrick2010

The 4 run scored in the third innings were the direct result of him not catching a fly ball that

landed 6 feet in front of the spot he was standing when the pitch was thrown. I can't imagine

him in RF when we play the BJ's and Boston battling for the division, or in a playoff game.

Basically everything but lazy fly balls to RF are hits. The offense of Alvarez does not cover the negative

defense of Trumbo. We should get what we can for Alvarez and keep Trumbo as the full time DH

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 4 run scored in the third innings were the direct result of him not catching a fly ball that

landed 6 feet in front of the spot he was standing when the pitch was thrown. I can't imagine

him in RF when we play the BJ's and Boston battling for the division, or in a playoff game.

Basically everything but lazy fly balls to RF are hits. The offense of Alvarez does not cover the negative

defense of Trumbo. We should get what we can for Alvarez and keep Trumbo as the full time DH

Once Pedro was signed we just had to hope that Trumbo knocked in more than he let in.

Welcome back. I guess we must be losing.

It would be nice to have a better player defender in RF' date=' but who are you going to play, Reimold? I'm not sure there is anyone out there to pick up.[/quote']

Anyone with the exception of Jimmy Paredes is a better solution than Mark Trumbo

The Rockies center fielder mis played a ball as well

It happens

Trumbo isn't a bad right fielder

Get off his back please. If you want to criticize someone start with Manny and Davis

On the contrary, he is a bad right fielder. He just has a plus arm that can (sometimes) make up for his poor range/reads.

Archived