Jimenez starts tonight.

Natty

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davis can't hit at home. The right side of the field is clogged with fielders. Not enough OF square feet in OPACY for him.

Game time temp says only 66. So it's a lot of travel but at least it's not in the heat. I also assume the it will be cooler in TOR or they will have the roof closed. Little things like that might help the offensive funk we're in.

Who has a league average offense. And facing the worst pitcher in baseball. Or at least has to be close to being the worst.

If Shelby Miller wasn't in AAA, I would argue that he would be the worse, with a 2-9 record.

Not sure, you can call somebody with a 5-9 record, the worst.

Yes, I know, you have extreme dislike for Ubaldo, I get it.

If Shelby Miller wasn't in AAA, I would argue that he would be the worse, with a 2-9 record.

Obviously Gausman isn't as good as Ubaldo, just look at the win/loss records.

Obviously Gausman isn't as good as Ubaldo, just look at the win/loss records.

Fork It.

Its more than just the W-L.

Jimenez has had some bad games, I will be the first to agree.

But, he has pitched well at times, but with his salary, I get it, you expect better.

I just oppose to calling him the worst.

Just my opinion as an grumpy old man. HAHA

Fork It.

Its more than just the W-L.

Jimenez has had some bad games, I will be the first to agree.

But, he has pitched well at times, but with his salary, I get it, you expect better.

I just oppose to calling him the worst.

Just my opinion as an grumpy old man. HAHA

I was just messing with you.

I dont know, Gausman is 2-7 this season. Gausman may be the worst, by your estimation of course. Nevermind the 4 earned run difference between them.

-Edit- I was slow at responding and missed half a dozen responses after. Just messing around as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I’m actually surprised it was only 12 missed bats yesterday. Felt like he had a lot more.
    • To do the flex plan now, you have to shell out 2500.  You can do season tickets for less than that depending on where you want to sit of course.
    • He also barley played in the outfield in the spring. All the talk about making him a super utility and "you will be seeing a lot of him in the OF" seemed like BS
    • I find it hard to be mad at him for not being a great 2B when he's being forced there due to the silly Holliday decision. And Mateo barely played 2B in spring. So it's hard not to expect him to kinda suck over there, but that's not really his fault. I expect we'll see similar things when they put him in the OF. The O's want to desperately make him a super utility guy, but he's really just a SS. We'll see. 
    • Developed?  So the Elias regime gets no credit/blame for anything he's done as a hitter?  
    • C'mon.  The dude has shown that he can go on insane heaters, but he's also going to cancel that out by being an automatic out at the plate for a few months.  I'll give you that he's exciting on the bases, but his defense isn't what it was 2 years ago.  I don't know if that's because he's regressing as a player or if he needs the steady playing time to get in a groove, but when you're talking about "baked in value" that's taking things a bit far when he put up .5 fWAR last year.   I know you're head over heels with anyone that puts on an Orioles uniform but there's so much about Mateo that's just...frustrating.  And also replaceable.  And I LIKE Mateo, he's one of my favorite bad Orioles of all time, he seems like a great teammate, clubhouse guy but there's not much value here, other than he can stand at some different positions on defense and steal a base if he gets on base...which is a monumental task for him at times.
    • Well, there are plenty of good ML hitters who don't crack the .800 OPS mark, which is just an arbitrary threshold anyway. What I meant was just that he's a quality ML bat who knows how to hit and passes the eye test of a solid MLer. He's a guy you didn't realize you miss when he's not in the lineup, and we sort of take him for granted simply because we're foaming at the mouth for Coby Mayo, understandably.  I much rather go by OPS+. Mounty is at 114, so 14% above average. You'd like it to be higher for a 1B, sure, but he also brings other skills like being decently fast, a good defender, and a knack for murdering the Blue Jays. If Mounty had stuck at 3B, we're probably not complaining as much about him.  Let's compare him to someone like Trey Mancini, who had 2 seasons that can be described as better than any of Mounty's full seasons, but then completely fell off a cliff. I'll take Mounty's steady brand of "I wish he was slightly better but I'll take it" production. He's a solid player. 
  • Popular Contributors