O's looking at Wade Miley (Acquired for Ariel Miranda)

ChipTait

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be fine with the Orioles acquiring Miley if it was just for the last two months of this season. Unfortunately, Miley is owed $9 million next year. You just can't pay another mediocre pitcher $9 million with Gallardo and Ubaldo's contracts still on the books.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">miley is going to orioles, pending medicals</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="

">July 31, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I actually like the thought process behind this, depending on price, obviously. I much prefer this type of target--underperforming, under control in 2017--than last year's ridiculous Parra acquisition.

edit: As I was typing this, the news broke. Welp, here's hoping DD didn't give up the farm.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">miley is going to orioles, pending medicals</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="

">July 31, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• The Orioles are in sweet and tangy bbq land to play the Fightin' Bob Hamelins for a three game set starting tonight. Fri:  7:40 EST start:  Dean Kremer vs. Alec Marsh Sat:  7:10 EST start:  Corbin Burnes vs. Cole Ragans Sun:  2:10 EST start:  Cole Irvin vs. Seth Lugo KC enters the series 1 game back of the Cleveland Thomes and they're 7-3 over their last 10.  Despite their recent history of ineptitude, they look to be improved this year in the poverty stricken AL Central and they can still give us a hard time.  Lefty Ragans is off to a good start which means we'll be down Ryan O'Hearn for Austin Hays as is Sunday starter Lugo. Bobby Witt 2.0 has an OPS of .997 and already at 1.6 WAR, Old Man Perez is at .943 and Vinnie Boom Bats is .853.  
    • This would be fine by me.I know some people said they don't want a bigger scoreboard  Also Nationals Park is upgrading the speaker system but didn't finish the whole upgrade for this  season.         The offseason upgrades (off-the-field variety) that could have the biggest effect on fan experience are to the scoreboard displays in the ballpark. The Nationals replaced their main scoreboard, their out-of-town scoreboard in right-center field and their ribbon boards with state-of-the-art LED displays that feature much higher resolution than the previous models. The size of the main scoreboard is unchanged, but the difference in quality is noticeable, and the clearer and brighter display will feature enhanced statistics and graphics.
    • However you wanna calculate it, he’s a diaper dandy. 
    • Westburg exceeded rookie eligibility limits last year exceeding 130 at bats and more than 45 days on the active roster. On the plus side he might qualify as a super sophomore or at the very least avoid the sophomore slump. 
    • Westburg shouldn’t be, where are you seeing that?
    • So since Westburg is apparently still ROY eligible, Cowser and Westburg may project to be the best rookie combination since Fred Lynn and Jim Rice in 1975?  
    • There were several and I was one them. I'm  on record as saying I was one of his biggest Apologists . You should feel good about yourself as you were able to see that Means would be imploding before our very eyes( which was an opinion or a guess, which is what I did) as far as feeling bad for me? Dont I'm plenty good enough to know I wont be able to guess right every time 
  • Popular Contributors