O's looking at Wade Miley (Acquired for Ariel Miranda)

ChipTait

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be fine with the Orioles acquiring Miley if it was just for the last two months of this season. Unfortunately, Miley is owed $9 million next year. You just can't pay another mediocre pitcher $9 million with Gallardo and Ubaldo's contracts still on the books.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">miley is going to orioles, pending medicals</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="

">July 31, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I actually like the thought process behind this, depending on price, obviously. I much prefer this type of target--underperforming, under control in 2017--than last year's ridiculous Parra acquisition.

edit: As I was typing this, the news broke. Welp, here's hoping DD didn't give up the farm.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">miley is going to orioles, pending medicals</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="

">July 31, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived