Orioles.com has new top 30 prospects

wildcard

Yeah, I'd drop Reyes below several others on that list. He's all potential, low results right now. I'm not all that high on Mancini, but in our system, he belongs pretty high.

I am pretty high on Mancini and have been for quite a while. I think he hits for power and average in the majors. Maybe not immediately but as he learns the league he has a chance to be really good.

His best value to the O's may be as a trade chip. Someone that could bring back an inexpensive, young rightfielder for next year.

Liranzo is certainly missing. Not sure why they are so high on Drake who is a AAAA guy. You can nit pick the order and I'll have a couple other guys in there, but they got most of the names right in my opinion.

No reason for Drake to even be mentioned.

Stewart is doing fine at Frederick.

Yeah, Stewart was a highly ranked prospect who has put up solid numbers at Frederick. Walker's no more than a fringe prospect, imo, and should not be in any top 20 list - much less 11th on the O's.

Yeah, Stewart was a highly ranked prospect who has put up solid numbers at Frederick. Walker's no more than a fringe prospect, imo, and should not be in any top 20 list - much less 11th on the O's.

If not for being a no. 1 overall draft pick, Stewart would be a fringe prospect as well. He's doing better at Frederick, but we are talking about 100 at bats.

If he starts putting up numbers in Double A next year there may be some hope for him.

The star on Walker has dimmed, but just two years ago he was considered one of our top five prospects and probably still solidly in the top ten a year ago. I think there is a better chance he hits at the major league level than Stewart ever does.

Archived