Surprising selections for our all-time franchise team

Just Regular

http://www.hardballtimes.com/the-pyramid-rating-system-all-time-league-and-the-all-time-baltimore-orioles/

An interesting take, with a couple surprises.

First one's a Drungo special - are you on board with Hughie Jennings unseating Brooks on our first string?

If we can't count Frank, who this guy gives to Cincinnati, is Boog Powell really our all-time LF?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Perez had his first rehab outing today: double, RBI single, pickoff, fly out, ground out.  Three of the batted balls were 95-97 mph, the exception being the 67 mph RBI single.  He threw 13 pitches (10 strikes): only one four seamer, at 95.9 mph, 5 sinkers averaging 94.8, 6 sliders and one curve.  Each pitch type yielded one ball in play, with the slider yielding the 67 mph RBI single.  Overall, he didn’t fool anyone but threw strikes and showed good velocity first time out.  Decent first outing.  
    • Regarding the base steal at the ending of the game, Coincidentally I was posting about this exact same situation for the Orioles at the end of Game 2 last night in the Angel's series. There were runners on 1st and 3rd. Typically, looks like a good situation to run. But Gunnar was up to bat and the Orioles were down by multiple runs (I think it was 3 runs IIRC). We came to the conclusion that it would be foolish to risk the the runner trying to steal 2nd, because that's a run we need to score and we had a hitter who is capable of powering a 3 run home run at the plate. The risk outweighed the reward to steal.
    • I think the odds of a SB and a hit are higher than an XBH or two hits. LAA has 6% XBH rate, two hits is like 7%, so maybe 13% chance to win there? A SB gets you to like 27%. If you have >50% chance to make it it's a good play. Definitely not stupid. Plus he made it. Admittedly it is a terrible anticlimactic way to lose but I blame the umps.
    • I agree, and I'm here for it!
    • I finally had a chance to watch the defensive play...wow! It's been amazing watching him grow into the player he's becoming. As silly as this sounds, there's still probably another level as he goes along the aging curve.
    • Players that can be DFA (in order, from quickest to trying to hold on to them longer)... 1. David Benuelos 2. Jonathan Heasley 3. Yohan Ramirez 4.Kaleb Ort 5. Toss up after that and you'd prefer not having to expose the other guys to waivers. Although some long time names in the organization do become vulnerable at this point in the list.  
    • Because the game ends when the out is made on the basepath.  Never end a game with an out on the basepath.  Give your team a chance to hit.
  • Popular Contributors