Your 2017 Orioles Minor League Changes

Legend_Of_Joey

Since the seasons are nearly over, what are your thoughts for 2017? Who would you promote, try and trade, just flat out release, demote, ect?

- Promote Mancini and Walker and see what they can do for the Orioles

- Promote Gunkel and give him a shot as a starter (maybe a 4th) and Zouzaliek (sp?) and give him a shot as a reliever

- IF Weiters doesn't get a QO, I would really consider a platoon of Pena and Sisco, to see what Sisco can do. Joseph would have to be sent back to work on his bat and regain some confidence.

- Give Mercedes and Stewart some more time in Frederick.

- Give Borbon some time in Triple A

- Give Alex Wells and Cody Sedlock some reps in Delmarva and see how he takes it. Possibly have him and Sedlock in Frederick by the end of the year.

- Give Austin Wynns and/or Wynston Sawyer the Double A bump. Both have taken huge steps this year and with Mercedes in Frederick, having all 3 could get clogged. Especially if...

- Give Alex Murphy a look in Frederick. Mercedes isn't your catcher of the future. Keep Wynns in Frederick for a bit to help Murphy at first, as Wynns is solid in defense.

I'm sure more will come.

Here is what I would do.

*Removed for thread size*

I like your rosters. There are a few questions to them though.

For Triple A, would you call up Terdoslovich for DH, so you open up that 1st base spot in Bowie? Especially since Terdoslovich does have some power and has been in the majors before, with some results.

Would you keep Corban Joseph in Norfolk, or try and find a way out? Sharlon Schoop, in Bowie or bring up to Norfolk?

Borbon, Hoes, Urrutia, and Lattimore?

I'm also curious about Mercedes in Bowie to start off.

Though I do admit, if they DO end up going with your ideas, I would enjoy going to Bowie games...

Here is what I would do.

Norfolk

1B Walker

2B

SS

3B

C Sisco

LF

CF

RF Alvarez

DH

Gunkel

Lee (if healthy)

Garcia

Liranzo

Bridwell

Toliver

Drake

I would fortify all of the open spots with the usual AAAA type of guys and not forcefeed undeserving players from Bowie up to Norfolk. Mancini hopefully gets a chance to be the DH next year in Baltimore.

Bowie

1B Sawyer

2B Marin

SS Salcedo

3B Dosch

C Wynns

LF Stewart

CF Davis

RF Bierfeldt

DH Mercedes

Starters

Grimes

Means

Hess

Aquino

Bullpen

Bundy

Scott

Meisenger

Yacabonis

Jomar Reyes is not a 3B and Ryan Mountcastle is not a SS. Therefore.

Frederick

1B Reyes

2B Wilkerson

SS Andujar

3B Mountcastle

C Murphy

LF Hart

CF Mullins

RF Hays

DH Gassaway

Starters

Sedlock

Akins

Gonzalez

Love

Alvarado

Bullpen

Cleavinger

Baker

Turnipseed

Delmarva

1B Palmeiro

2B Turbin

SS Ortega

3B Juiver

C ??

LF Billingsley

CF McKenna

RF Rifaela

DH Heinrich

Starters

Dietz

Wells

Muckenhirn

Humpal

Dube

Bullpen

Bruner

Moseley

Jobst

Knutson

Teague

Bonilla

Aberdeen

1B Curran

2B

SS Torres

3B Estrada

C Carrillo

LF

CF

RF Ferguson

DH Diaz

Starters

Hanifee

Myers

Peluffo

Eschevaria

Y. Rodriguez

Where do you have Peralta? Should be in Frederick I would think.

Where do you have Peralta? Should be in Frederick I would think.

For sure. Position changes for Mountcastle and Reyes, seem likely. Reyes fielding percentage this year is .914 which is just abysmal.

I like the idea of starting Sedlock, Akin, and Hays in Frederick but the organization tends to take a more conservative approach. I can see all three starting in Delmarva and moving quickly.

Frederick should be a fun team to watch. Over half of our top ten prospects could all be there at the same time (Mountcastle, Reyes, Peralta, Sedlock, Akin, Hays, Gonzalez). Gassaway and Mullins are probably borderline top ten guys and will be there as well.

Good work RZNJ, don't feel like quoting the whole article. Bowie really shows off how thin are system is. Norfolk is basically the taxi squad for AAAA players so that's perfect for that team. Bowie looks like it's going to be all organizational guys except for a couple prospects. That's not a good thing.

Depending on how the offseason goes, maybe DD can flip some of our 40 man filler for some younger guys.

• 2 weeks later...
I doubt it. Now, if he tears it up in Frederick from the start, he could get to Bowie by June.

And since Mountcastle is just 19 (turns 20 in Feb), he's the last guy I'd rush. Stewart pretty much has to start in Bowie because he'll be 23. Him doing well there to start the season is almost vital - they have to move those higher level talents up.

And since Mountcastle is just 19 (turns 20 in Feb), he's the last guy I'd rush. Stewart pretty much has to start in Bowie because he'll be 23. Him doing well there to start the season is almost vital - they have to move those higher level talents up.

I could see it depending on how the fall league goes for Stewart. If he struggles during the season, he will probably repeat Frederick for a bit before an early season bump. If he tears it up, he'll be starting in Bowie.

Archived