Howard @ MD

Munson

I think 6+ wins is possible. My realistic side sees a good chance at winning the first four games and pulling out two more wins in conference.

My homer side sees this team getting better as the season goes on and has a turnaround similar to Friedgen's first year. I mean win total when I say this. Not a conference championship.

I will say this, in the past, the Terps would win this game like 24-14 and be happy with an unimpressive win. I think we saw some talent on the field and although this team program is at least a year or two before they start making some legitimate noise, this was a nice first step in the Durkin era.

I will say this, in the past, the Terps would win this game like 24-14 and be happy with an unimpressive win. I think we saw some talent on the field and although this team program is at least a year or two before they start making some legitimate noise, this was a nice first step in the Durkin era.

Nah - not this game. Howard lost to Boston College - who went winless against FBS teams last year - 73-0.

Even the worst MD team from the past few years would have won this game by 40 points.

Not saying MD didn't play well, just saying there's really no way you can tell. Howard is terrible. They probably shouldn't have been scheduled.

Howard is horrible and there really isn't anything you can take from this win. The Terps could have scored a lot more if the starters would have played longer. I do like Durkin playing so many freshman. Several players played on both sides of the ball also.

The upcoming game against FIU has me a little worried. FIU had the lead against Indiana heading into the fourth quarter. I believe Indiana had two defensive scores to put the game away.

We should know a little more about the Terps after Friday.

I agree. What I saw and liked had little to do with the competition (or lack thereof). The Terps looked disciplined and focused. There were very business-like. They looked - at least from this game - to have been very well-coached in the pre-season.

As always though, time will tell...

Archived