September Scoreboard Watching Mega Thread

weams

KANSAS CITY -- These are teams going in opposite directions.

The Royals were handed their third straight stinging loss, the latest at the hands of the red-hot Tigers, who rallied for two runs in the ninth off All-Star closer Wade Davis for a 7-6 win on Friday night. Miguel Cabrera, who homered earlier, delivered a go-ahead two-run single in the ninth.

Full Game Coverage

Davis, in his first game back from the disabled list, hit Ian Kinsler with a pitch. Then, Jose Iglesias hit a hard one-hopper under the glove of shortstop Alcides Escobar that rolled for double.

Said Cabrera: "We got lucky, past a Gold Glover. He's so good over there."

But if Escobar had made the play, the Royals felt it would have been an easy double play.

Davis said he didn't want to be eased back in for his first outing off the DL.

"They asked me if I felt like I could go out and close," Davis said. "I said, 'Yeah, absolutely.' If I'm healthy, I don't think I can't get the job done for sure. I felt good, I felt clean, I felt crisp. No complaints on that part. Just the result."

The Tigers, who have won four straight and nine of 11, stayed tied with the Orioles for an American League Wild Card spot. The Royals, who had taken the lead in the eighth on Paulo Orlando's two-run single, dropped to four games behind Baltimore and Detroit.

http://m.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-vs-royals/2016/09/02/448868#game_tab=wrap,game=448868,game_state=final

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our first candidates to lose out are New York (-3.5), Kansas City (-4.0) and Seattle (-4.0).

- we are playing New York. enough said.

- the Royals came storming in and scaring people but really, they aren't as good as previous versions. If they extend their losing streak to 7 or 8 games they're toast.

- the Mariners have already done it. They were great in early-mid August but 2-8 in their last 10 games.

We need those teams to start September poorly, and the distance will be too great for them to catch up. That would leave Toronto, Boston, Baltimore, Detroit and Houston battling out for 3 spots.

Our first candidates to lose out are New York (-3.5), Kansas City (-4.0) and Seattle (-4.0).

- we are playing New York. enough said.

- the Royals came storming in and scaring people but really, they aren't as good as previous versions. If they extend their losing streak to 7 or 8 games they're toast.

- the Mariners have already done it. They were great in early-mid August but 2-8 in their last 10 games.

We need those teams to start September poorly, and the distance will be too great for them to catch up. That would leave Toronto, Boston, Baltimore, Detroit and Houston battling out for 3 spots.

Detroit has been mega hot to get back in it. The Orioles need to go on one of those runs and it may not be in them to do so again.

KC left many men on base that game. Went to bed they were losing going to 8th, woke up and checked phone and saw that they had fallen behind but re took the lead in the 9th. Tigers got hot beating up on White Sox and Twins, 2 sweeps. Unbalanced schedule helping them out big time. Our division is much better.

Do we want Royals or Tigers to win? We play the Tigers so we can atleast control some of the outcome between us and them. I wouldn't mind Tigers just knocking Royals out of it.

Royals retired from the contest last evening it appears.

Do we want Royals or Tigers to win? We play the Tigers so we can atleast control some of the outcome between us and them. I wouldn't mind Tigers just knocking Royals out of it.

KC for sure. Just think math works against them. They have to cool off some, can't play great forever.

Archived