Mancini talk, 2017

weams

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davis? Or just insurance in case Trumbo has a setback.

UPDATE (Per Roch):

Update: The Orioles have selected Mancini’s contract from Norfolk and reinstated O’Day from the disabled list. Infielder/outfielder Steve Pearce has been placed on the 60-day disabled list with a right flexor mass strain.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/09/trey-mancini-in-baltimore.html

Davis? Or just insurance in case Trumbo has a setback.

UPDATE (Per Roch):

Update: The Orioles have selected Mancini’s contract from Norfolk and reinstated O’Day from the disabled list. Infielder/outfielder Steve Pearce has been placed on the 60-day disabled list with a right flexor mass strain.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/09/trey-mancini-in-baltimore.html

So the Orioles traded Heim for the chance to pay Pearce around 1.6M for .1rWAR over 25 games.

:thumbsup1:

Oh well, it is not like Pearce had a known history of injuries.

So the Orioles traded Heim for the chance to pay Pearce around 1.6M for .1rWAR over 25 games.

:thumbsup1:

Oh well, it is not like Pearce had a known history of injuries.

Pretty cynical post.

They could have maybe not played him in the OF. Would have made a great DH versus lefties and pinch hitter down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Pretty cynical post.

They could have maybe not played him in the OF. Would have made a great DH versus lefties and pinch hitter down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Yes it is.

They knew about his injury history and still traded for him and then put him in situations that were likely to exacerbate any issues he was having.

And the same team that sold a draft pick paid 1.6 million for the chance.

Yes it is.

They knew about his injury history and still traded for him and then put him in situations that were likely to exacerbate any issues he was having.

And the same team that sold a draft pick paid 1.6 million for the chance.

This is the only problem I have with it. He's been a .900 OPS bat all year. Would have been well worth the 1.6 mil and the prospect IMO if they had kept him out of the field.

This is the only problem I have with it. He's been a .900 OPS bat all year. Would have been well worth the 1.6 mil and the prospect IMO if they had kept him out of the field.

So? Parra was an .886 OPS bat all year when Dan traded for him.

You don't have a problem with them selling a draft pick then spending 1.6M on a two month platoon DH?

So? Parra was an .886 OPS bat all year when Dan traded for him.

You don't have a problem with them selling a draft pick then spending 1.6M on a two month platoon DH?

Did we sell a draft pick to trade for Steve Pearce? Maybe I missed that.

Pearce has a pretty solid track record against lefties over the last three years.

Did we sell a draft pick to trade for Steve Pearce? Maybe I missed that.

Pearce has a pretty solid track record against lefties over the last three years.

No, they sold a draft pick to save money (3M) on Matusz. Then they spent 1.6 million on Pearce.

Pearce had a 623 OPS against left handed pitching last year. I would use the term inconsistent instead of solid.

No, they sold a draft pick to save money (3M) on Matusz. Then they spent 1.6 million on Pearce.

Pearce had a 623 OPS against left handed pitching last year. I would use the term inconsistent instead of solid.

.852 career. Orioles have been worst offense in AL vs LHP. So I guess they should not have tried to address it?

Archived