Dozen games left. How many wins do the Orioles need?

25 Nuggets

How many wins get the Orioles to the playoffs?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins get the Orioles to the playoffs?

• 91 wins (9-3) or more
    • 90 wins (8-4)
    • 89 wins (7-5)
    • 88 wins (6-6)
    • 87 wins (5-7)
    • 86 wins (4-8)
    • 85 wins (3-9) or less

To say we need 88 or more wins to get in, means you think the Tigers, Mariners, or Astros will finish 9-3 (or better).

I don't think that's going to happen. One of them might go 8-4. 87 wins probably gets us in.

I thought we needed 89 two weeks ago. 88 a week ago. Now, I'm going with 87. Everyone is beating up each other making it easier to get in than originally expected. I'd go as far to say that anyone picking 89-91 wins is ignoring the math.

88 gets the WC. 87 gets a play-in. That's where I was at before. That's where I'm at now. Tigers will lose two against the Indians and one against the Braves.

Considering the Jays will have the tie breaker over us, I don't see any possible scenario we win the first Wild Card other than finishing 5-1 (90 wins) or 6-0.

88 gets the WC. 87 gets a play-in. That's where I was at before. That's where I'm at now. Tigers will lose two against the Indians and one against the Braves.

Considering the Jays will have the tie breaker over us, I don't see any possible scenario we win the first Wild Card other than finishing 5-1 (90 wins) or 6-0.

We go 2-1 and 2-1. Blue Jays drop 2 to Boston.

It will be very tough without sweeping Toronto. Or taking 2 out of 3 from them and having them lose 2 out of 3 to Boston. Assuming they win tomorrow, that's a 3-4 finish for them and assuming 5-1 for us. That should get us the first WC.

It may sound like loser talk, but I'm just hoping to take one in Toronto after the disaster against Boston last week. We can win 2 out of 3 against a deflated Yankees team that isn't hitting at all.

I'm going to say 88 wins. I think Detroit will split with Cleveland and sweep Atlanta to finish 88-74. The Orioles will have to go 3-3 the rest of the way to finish with 88 wins. Unfortunately the Skydome/Rogers Center and Yankee Stadium have been a house of horrors for this season. The Orioles are 2-5 against both Toronto and New York on the road. They need to find a way to win one of those series because 2-4 won't get it done it done IMO.

I'm going to say 88 wins. I think Detroit will split with Cleveland and sweep Atlanta to finish 88-74. The Orioles will have to go 3-3 the rest of the way to finish with 88 wins. Unfortunately the Skydome/Rogers Center and Yankee Stadium have been a house of horrors for this season. The Orioles are 2-5 against both Toronto and New York on the road. They need to find a way to win one of those series because 2-4 won't get it done it done IMO.

Right. Agree.

Archived