This is NOT over by a long shot

Todd-O

I still see a path to the playoffs... baseball is a weird game that has a way of twisting and turning and the arrival of Arizona to Camden is a new page in this season.

O's are going to turn it on... hopefully win 7 of 9 and get in the playoffs.

Nay sayers... have at it. I think it will happen

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have been streaky all year, as a team and individually. I can see them turning it around and getting the WC and going into the WC game hot.

I can also see them continuing to look awful and missing the WC. They have been trending down since the all star break.

Like you said, baseball is a weird game, anything can happen.

Go O's

2-6 so far on the most important home stand of the season. It might not be over, but real damage has been done. For a team that has: a) played sub-.500 ball since the AS break, and b) played .467 ball on the road, asking them to win 6 or 7 of 9 over the remaining games seems like a daunting task. Any turnaround has to be immediate and start tonight. If they lose tonight and the Tigers win, I'd say it's over.

I still see a path to the playoffs... baseball is a weird game that has a way of twisting and turning and the arrival of Arizona to Camden is a new page in this season.

That is right, and keep in mind we gave up, what, 20 runs in 4 games against Boston? That is pretty good. Unfortunately, we did not score much. But overall, it is not as if we played terribly. I think it is more that we ran into a Boston team who is on a roll.

2-6 so far on the most important home stand of the season. It might not be over, but real damage has been done. For a team that has: a) played sub-.500 ball since the AS break, and b) played .467 ball on the road, asking them to win 6 or 7 of 9 over the remaining games seems like a daunting task. Any turnaround has to be immediate and start tonight. If they lose tonight and the Tigers win, I'd say it's over.

I will assess after the whole weekend is complete. Losing tonight would hurt, for sure, but I don't buy into the idea that sweeping the DBacks is a must. It just makes our path a lot easier. Of course, it depends what other teams do, too.

If & when we get officially eliminated, then I will throw in the towel. Until then, we

have life. Presently we are not producing hits when needed. That has happened

many times during the season. I'm gonna hope that changes, & we win out. We are not a complete team, yet we could win it all. I am a lucky fan. I witnessed the

incredible Weaver era. We are lucky to have a manager that understands our classic

heritage. The pressures of a pennant race loom loud in charm city.... c'mon boys

embrace the orange & black & let it all hang out !!!

I am with you my friend, stay strong and don't give up.

Archived