No Orioles prospects in BA SAL top 20

jcarm

I'm a little surprised Mountcastle didn't make it, but I think managers and coaches are taking off points for him playing a position he'll never play in the big leagues. Saying that, I don't follow the other players on the list and the Sally League is usually loaded up with talent.

This was to be expected. B.Gonzalez had a good year but I'm sure there are a ton of guys that did the same and have higher ceilings than him. I agree with Tony on Mountcastle.

After Mancini and Sisco there really isn't much in the farm until you get to the recent draftees. Other than relievers, future swingmen, and flawed position players.

Gonzalez was a second team allstar selection. This is total bs he wasn't in top 20. Total bs!

Being an all star has almost nothing to do with how good of a prospect a player is. If you look at his stats, there is one thing that is especially concerning relating to his prospect status and that is his 6.77 SO/9IP. That is low for a true prospect. On the other hand, he did have a very good year and may very well rank in the O's top 10 prospects. His stats with his SO rate just do not equal someone who is worthy of being in the top 20 in the SAL league.

Having looked over the list, I see a lot of Top 100 shoe ins, something I wouldn't consider Mountcastle at all. I think Tony's right when he said the league is simply loaded with talent. I'm sure Mountcastle was in the discussion for the back end of the list though.

Archived