Pirates shopping McCutchen

isestrex

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We wouldn't have enough for him, but I think the Pirates should keep him. He's the face of that franchise, and why they would move him is beyond me.

1- They have a losing record.

2- He isn't under contract for much longer

3- He's well below replacement level this year.

4- He's making 14M next year.

1- They have a losing record.

2- He isn't under contract for much longer

3- He's well below replacement level this year.

4- He's making 14M next year.

1. True

2. He's under contract until next year with at least another year if he accepts his option.

3. It's his defense that killed him, oddly enough. Batting he was consistent and put up his carrer norms.

4. The Pirates owners are some of the cheapest SOB's in all of sports.

I can see why they'd do it from a baseball standpoint, but from a PR standpoint this is a very bad idea.

1. True

2. He's under contract until next year with at least another year if he accepts his option.

3. It's his defense that killed him, oddly enough. Batting he was consistent and put up his carrer norms.

4. The Pirates owners are some of the cheapest SOB's in all of sports.

I can see why they'd do it from a baseball standpoint, but from a PR standpoint this is a very bad idea.

Haven't we just watched poor defense suck almost all the worth out of a 47 home run season? Do you want that in Center?

For the record his 103 OPS+ is 18 points lower than his next lowest total. The last five years go : 162/157/166/144/103.

Haven't we just watched poor defense suck almost all the worth out of a 47 home run season? Do you want that in Center?

For the record his 103 OPS+ is 18 points lower than his next lowest total. The last five years go : 162/157/166/144/103.

I never said I wanted him in center if we got him. I'd want him in RF if anything, and even pedestrian #'s like that would make this team really good

I never said I wanted him in center if we got him. I'd want him in RF if anything, and even pedestrian #'s like that would make this team really good

So you want to trade whatever to pick up a guy coming off a breakdown year and move him to another position. While paying him 14 million.

Archived