Congratulations Nationals on Another Winning Season

weams

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel bad for my many friends who are Nats fans, many of whom are also Caps fans. Playing well in the regular season and then making an early exit in the playoffs is a habit around here. Truth is, without Strasburg and Ramos, the Nats weren't going far this year.

Congrats to the Nationals.

I was watching the news last night, and they showing the fans leaving in mass, before the end of the game, not because the team was losing badly, but because stupid Metro shutdowns at midnight for repairs.

You mean, they couldn't make an exception for a couple of very important baseball games to the city?

Wow, can you image how Baltimore Mass Transit would have been crushed in OH, if that had happened to OPACY?

Congrats to the Nationals.

I was watching the news last night, and they showing the fans leaving in mass, before the end of the game, not because the team was losing badly, but because stupid Metro shutdowns at midnight for repairs.

You mean, they couldn't make an exception for a couple of very important baseball games to the city?

Wow, can you image how Baltimore Mass Transit would have been crushed in OH, if that had happened to OPACY?

Watched the game, live in DC-area... the fans stayed the entire game. What you saw on the news was a selective cut to manufacture a story.

Regardless, Metro has been getting crushed by Washingtonians for quite some time. They're going through a year-long maintenance push that comes with reduced hours and track shutdowns. It's been painful for sure.

Great job by Dave Roberts of managing in a 1 game win or go home scenario. Understood the situation and deployed his resources accordingly.

Ehhh....you can look at it that way if you want. In my opinion, I don't think that's a "great job of managing" so much as it was an on the fly decision that worked out.

Archived