2016 World Series (Indians vs. Cubs)

OFFNY

o

The Indians have never hosted Game One of the World Series.

In 1920, 1948, and 1954, it was the National League's turn (even years) to host the first 2 games of the World Series (in 1920, they went with a 3-4-2 format, and a best-of-9 series.)

The 1994 strike changed the rotation of home field advantage, making the American League champion the team that hosted Game One of the World Series in the even years ........ hence, when the Indians won the Pennant in 1995 and 1997, they were once again on the road to start the World Series both times.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Billy Sianis died on October 22nd, 1970.

The Cubs clinched their first National League Pennant on October 22nd, 2016.

Yeah well, last year was the year that the movie "Back to the Future" had the Cubs winning the World Series, and they lost to the Mets in the N.L.C.S.

2008 was the 100-year anniversary of the last time that the Cubs had won the World Series, and their was much hype about the Cubs having Karma on their side when they won their division with a record of 97-64, which was the best record in the National League ........ and they were swept by the Dodgers in the first round of the playoffs.

Billy Sianis and his Billy Goat Curse dying on October 22nd of 1970, the 100-year anniversary of the Cubs' last World Series, the prediction of a fictional movie that had the Cubs winning it all in 2015 ........ if the Cubs play better than the Indians, then they will win the World Series, and if the Indians play better than the Cubs, than THEY will win the World Series.

That's my rat's ass of an opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

o

Yeah well, last year was the year that the movie "Back to the Future" had the Cubs winning the World Series, and they lost to the Mets in the N.L.C.S.

2008 was the 100-year anniversary of the last time that the Cubs had won the World Series, and their was much hype about the Cubs having Karma on their side when they won their division with a record of 97-64, which was the best record in the National League ........ and they were swept by the Dodgers in the first round of the playoffs.

Billy Sianis and his Billy Goat Curse dying on October 22nd of 1970, the 100-year anniversary of the Cubs' last World Series, the prediction of a fictional movie that had the Cubs winning it all in 2015 ........ if the Cubs play better than the Indians, then they will win the World Series, and if the Indians play better than the Cubs, than THEY will win the World Series.

What about the black cat in 1969?

o

What about the black cat in 1969?

o

What about it?

Are you asking me if a black cat coming onto a baseball field during a game is empirical evidence that the Mets overtaking the Cubs for N.L. East division crown in 1969 is somehow related to the Cubs' futility in reaching and/or winning the World Series?

I'm going to give you credit for being smart enough to know the answer and/or what my answer to that question would be.

o

llllll (GAME ONE)

CHICAGO CUBS

Dexter Fowler - CF

Kris Bryant - 3B

Anthony Rizzo - 1B

Ben Zobrist - LF

Kyle Schwarber - DH

Javier Baez - 2B

Chris Coghlan - RF

Addison Russell - SS

David Ross - C

Jonathan Tyler Lester - LHP (19-5, 2.44 ERA) *

* Led the National League in Winning Percentage (.792)

CLEVELAND INDIANS

Rajai Davis - CF

Jason Kipnis - 2B

Francisco Lindor - SS

Mike Napoli - 1B

Carlos Santana - DH

Jose Ramirez - 3B

Brandon Guyer - LF

Lonnie Chisenhall - RF

Roberto Perez - C

Corey Scott Kluber - RHP (18-9, 3.14 ERA) *

* Led the American League in Shutouts (2), ERA+ (149), and FIP (3.26)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

So who is everyone rooting for? I'm going with the Cubs. It has been so long and Cleveland won the NBA championship.

I'm just watching. Either way I'm going to see a team win that never won in my lifetime. I want a good series that lasts into November.

Archived