Poster Proposal - Brad Brach to the Phillies for Roman Quinn?

wildcard

Here is a little speculation to think about.

From CSN Mid Atlantic:

Brach Brad could be a very attractive, cheap closer for some team.

I will add that the O's could re-sign Tommy Hunter for maybe less than the 2.9m that Brad Brach is projected to earn.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/baltimore-orioles/should-orioles-think-about-trading-brad-brach

From Philles.com

"if the Phillies make a few necessary improvements (bolster the bullpen, add at least one veteran starter to replace Jeremy Hellickson and at least one veteran hitter), I see them in the 74-to-78-win range."

http://m.phillies.mlb.com/news/article/206598000/phillies-fans-inquire-about-possible-trades/

The Philles have a lot of young outfielders. Odubel Herrera is set in CF. RFer Cozens is their Minor League Player of the Year and hit 40 homers at AA Reading.

There is talk of the Phillies signing a veteran hitter for left field. They have money to spend this off season. Additionally they have Altherr, Goeddel, Nick Wiiliams and Quinn.

Roman Quinn is a 23 year old leadoff hitter that played most or the year at AA Reading but did well in his September call up to the majors. Little power but a lot of speed, high OBP and base stealing ability. He has played RF and apparently has the arm to play there. 2nd round draft choice. He has had some injury problems during his development.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=quinn-000rom

Just a little something to think about.

Good thought to trade Brach for a OF prospect. This guy doesn't seem like an upgrade. .353 career OBP in the minors, probably doesn't translate to higher than .310 in the majors. No power. Probably rather have Dariel Alvarez (more power) or Rickard (minors career .390 OBP).

I like the idea if the plan is to keep Britton. Philly does have a bunch of OFer prospects.

Though we probably should have started entertaining the idea back in July if we want Sweatervest to make the deal by Spring Training.

http://crashburnalley.com/2016/09/12/teams-trust-in-roman-quinn-points-to-overlooked-status/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were to guess, I'd say the Orioles are more likely to trade Brach than Britton. Britton is already expensive; Brach is about to become expensive. Brach, while he has been terrific, is also not Britton. More teams can use Brach for the upcoming season under their budget.

As for Philly, I hesitate dealing with The Percolator. His trade history is too good... and there are other teams with good young OF players/prospects. Texas, Chicago, LA, etc.

Good thought to trade Brach for a OF prospect. This guy doesn't seem like an upgrade. .353 career OBP in the minors, probably doesn't translate to higher than .310 in the majors. No power. Probably rather have Dariel Alvarez (more power) or Rickard (minors career .390 OBP).

My biggest concern about Quinn is his ability to stay healthy. If the could stay healthy for 600 AB he will probably steal 60 bases and score over 100 runs. But staying healthy is not his strong suit. He needs to spend some time with Brady.

It upgrades their bullpen which according to their website is one of the main priority this off season. They would be dealing from a position where they have a lot of depth - the outfield.

Teams that are in rebuild mode don't trade prospects for 31 year old middle relievers. The Phillies need a middle of the order bat and starting pitching way more than a soon to be expensive 7th inning man. The Cubs or Dodgers would be a better fit.

Teams that are in rebuild mode don't trade prospects for 31 year old middle relievers. The Phillies need a middle of the order bat and starting pitching way more than a soon to be expensive 7th inning man. The Cubs or Dodgers would be a better fit.

What trade scenario do you see with the Cubs or the dodgers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you do Britton for Schwarber? Would the Cubs?

Theo already said no way in hell to trading Schwarber for Miller, it's not going to change for Britton. Theo believes Schwarber is going to be a top 10 bat in the game and unless the return was crazy, I can't see him getting moved. Soler on the other hand, his days are numbered.

The Phillies are a little different than most building teams. They ended 2016 with a payroll of 85M. They ended 2014 at 183M. They have a lot of money to spend. They will add some experienced players this off season. Cost is not a concern. And they can use an better closer.

The Phillies are a little different than most building teams. They ended 2016 with a payroll of 85M. They ended 2014 at 183M. They have a lot of money to spend. They will add some experienced players this off season. Cost is not a concern. And they can use an better closer.

I believe that Andy MacPhail will continue his five year plan. I Believe he was brought to fix the team's financials.

Archived