Thread: Anti-Rants

I knew you would! Congratulations.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

twoBshorty is offline Plus Member Since 12/05 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Thanks! It feels like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders. If you don't pass, you don't get a diploma until you retake the exam in November. If you don't have a diploma, you don't get a state license and you can't work in the field (speech therapy). So basically, failing=McDonald's fry cook for 6 months. Assuming you pass the retake. If you don't, that's it. Program terminated, no degree.

But, that won't be me.

We just took the kids on a whirl wind tour of all 5 National Parks in Utah in 5 days. Man what a great trip.

CrimsonTribe is offline Plus Member Since 08/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTribe View Post
    Whoever runs the @DadBoner twitter feed is a damn genius.
    I think its funny that I learned Rick Santorum pulled out of the GOP race from @DadBoner.

I think its funny that I learned Rick Santorum pulled out of the GOP race from @DadBoner.
    Santorum is out, you guys.

CrimsonTribe is offline Plus Member Since 08/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Got my house under contract in just over a month after putting it on the market. Let's hope it all works out.

McNulty is offline Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Oreos and milk.

backwardsk is offline Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Got my house under contract in just over a month after putting it on the market. Let's hope it all works out.
    Cool! Good luck. I'm finally signing off on my re-finance tomorrow. Thanks HARP.

I am so glad that Wei-Yin Chen is pitching and not Jo Jo Reyes.

Quote Originally Posted by backwardsk View Post
    Cool! Good luck. I'm finally signing off on my re-finance tomorrow. Thanks HARP.
    Buyer backed out after inspection without even so much as a demand. I'm going to find this guy and kick him in the face.

/Anti-rant-turned-into-a-rant

square634 is online now Plus Member since 9/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I love when I'm studying for an exam, and I can remember some obscure name or term because of a sports reference. For example, I'm pretty sure in his time with the Orioles, Adam Eaton was suffering from muscle weakness due to Lambert-Eaton Syndrome.

crissfan172 is offline Plus Member since 12/10 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I was bored, so I played the Parks and Rec "Bert Macklin's FBI Name Generator" and got the result "Brooks Fielding".

Perfect for an O's fan!

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Dec 2008
    I am putting this here for two reasons.

I didn't want to make a whole thread about it.

I am still laughing 3 minutes after hearing it.

Have the latest Kirabel/KLaw podcast up and KLaw is talking about how they used to handle HS pitchers:

It used to be they would take a slew of High School pitchers in the first round, run em out to A ball, throw em 185 innings a year and then be like "Why do they all get hurt?"
    Yea KLaw, thank goodness we don't have folks advocating overly fast promotion of high school kids with no strict inning limits.

Quote Originally Posted by crissfan172 View Post
    I was bored, so I played the Parks and Rec "Bert Macklin's FBI Name Generator" and got the result "Brooks Fielding".

Perfect for an O's fan!
    My name was Max Francis, which is kind of funny because Francis is a family name.

MPK76 is offline Plus Membership 10/06 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    My (future) step daughter's 10U softball team won again last night to improve to 7-0 for the season!