Heels Thread

O'sHeelsFan

The Heels were on a mission, let's not forget that you beat us twice last season.

oh trust me, i won't be forgetting that any time soon. the unfortunate part of the home win over unc last year is that i had tickets and decided not to make the trip down. instead i stayed in baltimore to watch the ravens lose their playoff game to the colts. that was a day full of mixed emotions to say the least.

• 8 years later...

o

North Carolina just didn't play their game, and it cost them.

Aside from the officiating, they were not even close to being dominant in the paint, as they were in the 5 games that got them there.

They made a nice, furious rally down the stretch to pull even with 4.7 seconds left to play, but I think that they simply did not play well enough in the paint ...... they scored a lot of early 3-point field goals, and that may have affected their game plan.

Craziest finish to a final since '83. Circus shot to tie, buzzer beater to win. I really thought it was going to OT.

There was also the Duke-Butler game from 2010.

Krzyzewski told his player to intentionally miss the free throw, and then Butler missed a potential game-winner at the buzzer from mid-court.

There was also the Duke-Butler game from 2010.

Krzyzewski told his player to intentionally miss the free throw, and then Butler missed a potential game-winner at the buzzer from mid-court.

Crazy, for sure. But I'm just thinking of both teams going down with guns blazing. I had no skin in the game, but that circus shot to tie and the 3 to win at the buzzer pretty much seals it for me. And I was a student at NC State and lived and died with every game in '83. I think this finish was better.

• 2 weeks later...