John Sickels' O's Top 20

Frobby

John Sickels is grading the top 20 players in each organization, team-by-team. He's done 5 teams so far and the next two are the Diamondbacks and then the Orioles. The grades so far:

KCR -- 2 A-, 6 B, 2 B-, 9 C+, 1 C ---- Top 10: 3.07 Top 20: 2.68

MIN -- 2 B+, 2 B, 5 B-, 11 C+ ------- Top 10: 2.83 Top 20: 2.58

ATL -- 1 A-, 3 B+, 3 B, 6 B-, 7 C+ --- Top 10: 3.07 Top 20: 2.75

PHI -- 3 B, 5 B-, 9 C+, 3 C ----------- Top 10: 2.70 Top 20: 2.47

TAM -- 1 A, 3 B+, 1 B, 4 B-, 11 C+ --- Top 10: 3.00 Top 20: 2.67

Interesting to see that he's not that high on Tampa (not that they're doing badly).

FYI, the 4 players who have earned A or A- are David Price (A), Jason Heyward (A-), Mike Moustakas (A-) and Eric Hosmer (A-).

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Sickels:

I am now working on the Baltimore Orioles for the book. Here is a thread to discuss this system.

Interesting stuff at the top...Wieters and Tillman of course, plus some intriguing mid-level guys, though they could use more depth.

Sickels threw out this tickler:

current grades Wieters A, Tillman B+, Arrieta B+, haven’t done Matusz yet.

If Matusz earns a B+ our top 4 will be as strong as any team he has graded so far (Tampa has an A and 3 B+, and Atlanta has an A- and 3 B+).

Sickels threw out this tickler:

If Matusz earns a B+ our top 4 will be as strong as any team he has graded so far (Tampa has an A and 3 B+, and Atlanta has an A- and 3 B+).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Tillman moves up to an A- or Arrieta down to a B. I don't think they stay on the same plane. Or should.

Interesting.

Britton at 7 definitely stands out and is very encouraging.

Also likes Hernandez, except for the walks. I fully expect Hernandez and Bergesen to get looks in ST, and hopefully are up by mid season.

11) Kam "The Almighty" Mickolio, RHP, Grade C+: I am Mickolio. I need control for my fastball. Waahhooo…arrruuddicacacaa

Thats hilarious

Archived