Coaching Rumors/changes thread

beaner

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I figured I'd make one thread to discuss all of the coaching changes and rumors to make it easier.

I did hear today that VCU coach Anthony Grant interviewed at Alabama. Could be a very nice fit for him.

Alabama definitely makes sense for him. Georgia would as well.

He is a Florida guy, and I think he gets one of the two SEC jobs.

Who are the leading candidates for the Arizona job? The only guy I've heard is Jamie Dixon.

Alabama definitely makes sense for him. Georgia would as well.

He is a Florida guy, and I think he gets one of the two SEC jobs.

Who are the leading candidates for the Arizona job? The only guy I've heard is Jamie Dixon.

Pennel might be if he keeps winning. Dixon has got to be the guy though. Perfect fit.

I would say there is a zero percent chance Anthony Grant is at VCU next year.

Would Dixon leave Pitt for Zona?

What's the connection there? HE is seriously the only name I've heard in connection to Arizona.

Is he an Arizona grad? From AZ? Former Olson assistant? Why is his name the only one that comes up?

And I agree, Grant is as good as gone from VCU. Maynor is gone, and even though Sanders will still be around and they should be good again next year, there are going to be too many good jobs that he makes sense for to not take a job.

What's the connection there? HE is seriously the only name I've heard in connection to Arizona.

Is he an Arizona grad? From AZ? Former Olson assistant? Why is his name the only one that comes up?

And I agree, Grant is as good as gone from VCU. Maynor is gone, and even though Sanders will still be around and they should be good again next year, there are going to be too many good jobs that he makes sense for to not take a job.

Dixon was Howland's asst...right?

He is young, so I doubt he was with Olson before that.

Not sure if that's where he went to school.

Zona has a great basketball tradition...but its not like Pitt is in a football conference, a football school or something like that.

He could build Pitt into a major program.

Seth Curry to follow Anthony Grant next year. Ok, maybe not but he is transferring from Liberty. Most people that post on the NCAA threads are very knowledgeable college basketball fans but just in case you didn't know-

Curry was the Big South Freshman of the Year averaging 20.2 points, 4.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/11543311

Dixon is an LA guy, went to TCU and was Howlands assistant at Northern Arizona before moving with him to Pitt. I can only assume that Arizona is a more prestigious job than Pitt, although Arizona had zero hoops tradition before 1983 when Olson arrived.

Dixon was Howland's asst...right?

He is young, so I doubt he was with Olson before that.

Not sure if that's where he went to school.

Zona has a great basketball tradition...but its not like Pitt is in a football conference, a football school or something like that.

He could build Pitt into a major program.

Dixon and Howland got their start at Northern Arizona. Dixon coached there for a couple of years. They are West Coast guys and Arizona was the best program on the West Coast for many, many years. If it opens I would think he is there.

Seth Curry to follow Anthony Grant next year. Ok' date=' maybe not but he is transferring from Liberty. Most people that post on the NCAA threads are very knowledgeable college basketball fans but just in case you didn't know-

Curry was the Big South Freshman of the Year averaging 20.2 points, 4.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/11543311

Any ideas on where he could be headed?

If I had to put money on it' date=' I’m going with ACC as his conference of choice. Wouldn’t be too shocked to see him at Virginia or Virginia Tech; Liberty fans -:mad::cussing:

More Anthony Grant news -

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4014984

Virginia Tech is the obvious answer there.

Grant is as good as gone it looks like. Good for him.

YEa...Seth Curry to VaTech seems like that's going to happen.

Seth Greenberg is builiding a nice little program there. We Seth's have to stick together, so i hope Seth Curry ends up there. In two years with Delaney and Allen being Seniors, Curry shooting away from three, they could be very good.

Archived