+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    BRobinsonfan is offline Plus Member since 05/04 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Re-reading "In Dubious Battle" by John Steinbeck

CrimsonTribe is offline Plus Member Since 08/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Recently started The Honourable Schoolboy by John le Carre after I finished up Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Dec 2008
    Lysistrata by Aristophanes

Not for the prudish but very funny.

Lucky Jim is offline Plus Member since 12/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I'm reading lots of "new" poetry and some theory these days. But my pleasure reading is David Foster Wallace's book on (the birth and concept of) infinity, Everything and More.

Skeletor is offline Plus Member Since April 2009 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    I'm reading lots of "new" poetry and some theory these days. But my pleasure reading is David Foster Wallace's book on (the birth and concept of) infinity, Everything and More.
    Have you read Rudy Rucker's Infinity and the Mind?

Lucky Jim is offline Plus Member since 12/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    Have you read Rudy Rucker's Infinity and the Mind?
    This is my first book on the subject - followed DFW to it, rather than seeking it out on its own. Though I've been reading a bit on a bunch of science and math topics (was just reading Feynman's QED).

Oriology is offline Plus Member since 07/11 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Pride and Prejudice. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Oriology View Post
    Ugh. I hope it's for English class.

Quote Originally Posted by Oriology View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Cerrano View Post
    Ugh. I hope it's for English class.
    Unless it involves zombies...

Mooreisbetter27 is offline Plus Member since October 2008 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    The Sword of the Templars by Paul Christopher.

Enjoying it a lot too.

RavNMadMan is offline Plus Member since 8/11 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    "Bad Blood" by John Sandford. If you like crime fiction, it's a keeper. Not finished though.....

Godel, Escher, Bach, Hofstadter - BS, but brilliant BS.

twoBshorty is offline Plus Member Since 12/05 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I just finished The Hunger Games. It wasn't exactly high-brow literature and I have no intention of seeing the movie but the plot was riveting. I was hooked practically from the first sentence.

CrimsonTribe is offline Plus Member Since 08/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by twoBshorty View Post
    I just finished The Hunger Games. It wasn't exactly high-brow literature and I have no intention of seeing the movie but the plot was riveting. I was hooked practically from the first sentence.
    I read the whole thing on Tuesday at the beach so I could go see the movie with the wife last night. The first person was annoying as heck, but the story was ok and it was quick enough to get through in one day. The move was pretty "meh" though.

andrewochs615 is online now Plus Member since 07/11 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Does anyone know of any good action adventure type books maybe like the Uncharted or Assassins Creed video games? I am not big into reading, but I wouldn't mind trying something that could really catch my eye.