Awesome Article on Caleb Joseph

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy has coach written all over him. He wont be homeless. I guarantee if he is as rabid as they make out people will notice and offer him a job.

Love to have him as a backup to Wieters. Maybe catch two times a week.

This guy has coach written all over him. He wont be homeless. I guarantee if he is as rabid as they make out people will notice and offer him a job.

Love to have him as a backup to Wieters. Maybe catch two times a week.

Shoot, the ONLY way I keep him a catcher, is if we are positive that he will be able to DH the other 5 games a week. His bat is too solid to sit him for 5 days backing up Wieters. Like I said though, I am all for him staying at catcher, being Wieter's backup, then those other 5 days DH. It would actually work out pretty well IMO. Especially if we keep him at catcher, his value will remain higher and he will have a better chance at becoming a top prospect, which is where it seems toward where he is headed.....

Shoot, the ONLY way I keep him a catcher, is if we are positive that he will be able to DH the other 5 games a week. His bat is too solid to sit him for 5 days backing up Wieters. Like I said though, I am all for him staying at catcher, being Wieter's backup, then those other 5 days DH. It would actually work out pretty well IMO. Especially if we keep him at catcher, his value will remain higher and he will have a better chance at becoming a top prospect, which is where it seems toward where he is headed.....

It would be even better if he could learn another position too, like say 3B.

It would be even better if he could learn another position too, like say 3B.

It would be really nice if he could learn 3rd. It would slightly drop his value, but thats not important at all. Whats important is that he has a important place with this team, and if he could somehow pick up that position, it would be amazing for the ballclub....

It would be really nice if he could learn 3rd. It would slightly drop his value, but thats not important at all. Whats important is that he has a important place with this team, and if he could somehow pick up that position, it would be amazing for the ballclub....

He definitely seems like the kind of guy who would be willing and able to learn a new position.

If we didn't have Matt Wieters in our organization we'd probably think of him as one of our top 5 prospects.

He will be one of our top 5 prospects soon enough. He may be the lone position player on the top 5....After the Big 3 graduate, itll probably be:

Hobgood

Britton

Joseph

Erbe

Avery?

Its so hard to guage it right now though because some guys are gonna step it up, some may fall of. Spoone, Bundy and Beal are all wildcards, any of them could put good numbers up and will become a top 5 guy in the organization. Others to watch will be the HS arms we took this year, and also position players Givens and Townsend assuming the unsigned as of right now do sign....

Archived