+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ddsm

Ddsm

Well Ill start by introducing myself. My name is Joshua Kusnick, I am an mlbpa certified agent. My agency, Double Diamond Sports Management represents three Orioles prospects as of right now. Josh Bell, Brandon Cooney, and Vito Frabizio. I'm 27 years old, this is my......7th year doing this agent thing and I am very big believer in fan interaction. If anyone wants to ask me anything, I am beyond accessible and occasionally Ill post some updates here on the guys as time permits. I run a blog (foolishly) that gives a small window into my life as a 20 something sports agent. I am beyond hands on, I love my clients like family, and all in all, Im wired a bit differently which I think is the major reason I'm still here doing this. I went to FSU (yes, I can read) have a background in scouting and I love music almost as much as I love my career. I spent a great deal of my childhood in Baltimore and probably wouldnt be here today without the awesome people at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Thats about it and Ill talk to you all really soon.

Mahalo

Joshua

Blog

http://39ontheline.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by agent39; 08-14-2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Forgot the blog link

Enjoy Terror is offline Plus Member Since November 2008 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Vito is one of my favorite guys in the minors.

sangar is offline Plus Member Since 7/08 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by agent39 View Post
    Well Ill start by introducing myself. My name is Joshua Kusnick, I am an mlbpa certified agent. My agency, Double Diamond Sports Management represents three Orioles prospects as of right now. Josh Bell, Brandon Cooney, and Vito Frabizio. I'm 27 years old, this is my......7th year doing this agent thing and I am very big believer in fan interaction. If anyone wants to ask me anything, I am beyond accessible and occasionally Ill post some updates here on the guys as time permits. I run a blog (foolishly) that gives a small window into my life as a 20 something sports agent. I am beyond hands on, I love my clients like family, and all in all, Im wired a bit differently which I think is the major reason I'm still here doing this. I went to FSU (yes, I can read) have a background in scouting and I love music almost as much as I love my career. I spent a great deal of my childhood in Baltimore and probably wouldnt be here today without the awesome people at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Thats about it and Ill talk to you all really soon.

Mahalo

Joshua

Blog

http://39ontheline.blogspot.com/
    Welcome aboard.
    Were you a professional scout? If so, what team were you with?

Quote Originally Posted by sangar View Post
    Welcome aboard.
    Were you a professional scout? If so, what team were you with?
    Its a long story that I will spare the board from. A scout basically found me while I was scouting on my own and that got the ball rolling on my career.

Of the great TV and movie scouts and agents who do you compare yourself with? Jerry Maguire, Bob Sugar, Virgil Sweet, Al Percolo?

What are the resonable expectations for your clients within the Orioles organization?

I would love to know more about Vito. What's his story? He was undrafted, right? How come? He's one of my favorite guys to follow, but it's hard to find anything but boxscores in terms of information.

Did we need yet another example of the kind of thing that makes this such a great fan site?

Welcome aboard, Joshua. Please give us some insight on two areas that have been highlighted as potential concerns with Josh as he attempts to develop his game to it maximum potential -- specifically, his batting against LHPs; and his 3B defense. Which of these two do you and Josh perceive as needing greater attention on his part at this developmental stage of his career? With respect to the former, I assume that the thought of abandoning switch-hitting has been considered at some point and been rejected. Please comment on this in whatever way you feel comfortable. As for the defense, is Josh's primary need reps and reps and reps? Or is he at a stage where learning and mastering technique is the prime focus?

Quote Originally Posted by agent39 View Post
    Its a long story that I will spare the board from. A scout basically found me while I was scouting on my own and that got the ball rolling on my career.
    I'm in that early stage waiting for some scout to come rescue me as we speak, I feel your pain. Nice to see you've done so well for yourself so young though, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Whatss View Post
    Of the great TV and movie scouts and agents who do you compare yourself with? Jerry Maguire, Bob Sugar, Virgil Sweet, Al Percolo?

What are the resonable expectations for your clients within the Orioles organization?
    Al Percolo at age 27. God I love that movie.

I think the obvious expectation is for them to make the big leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    I would love to know more about Vito. What's his story? He was undrafted, right? How come? He's one of my favorite guys to follow, but it's hard to find anything but boxscores in terms of information.
    I'm trying to set up a Josh Bell like story for Vito in the sun. Hopefully that will help.

Mashed Potatoes is offline Plus Member Since 04/06 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    How much interaction do you have with other agents in the field and how do you see yourself as different from the typical agent, if at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Did we need yet another example of the kind of thing that makes this such a great fan site?

Welcome aboard, Joshua. Please give us some insight on two areas that have been highlighted as potential concerns with Josh as he attempts to develop his game to it maximum potential -- specifically, his batting against LHPs; and his 3B defense. Which of these two do you and Josh perceive as needing greater attention on his part at this developmental stage of his career? With respect to the former, I assume that the thought of abandoning switch-hitting has been considered at some point and been rejected. Please comment on this in whatever way you feel comfortable. As for the defense, is Josh's primary need reps and reps and reps? Or is he at a stage where learning and mastering technique is the prime focus?
    He's not giving up switch hitting. He's been a switch hitter as a far back as HS so it's not like its something thats going away any time soon.

He's an above average defender with plus arm strength. Anyone who tells you otherwise hasnt seen him play or hasnt seen him play enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
    How much interaction do you have with other agents in the field and how do you see yourself as different from the typical agent, if at all?

I try my very best to avoid all other agents.

I post on a message board and blog?

waroriole is offline Plus Member Since 6/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Do agents try to come after other agent's players? If so, how do you fend off a Scott Boras type?

Quote Originally Posted by waroriole View Post
    Do agents try to come after other agent's players? If so, how do you fend off a Scott Boras type?
    It's part of the industry. You just have to hope your relationship with the player and the players family is strong enough to withstand that.